Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wife is away – weekend with Mistress Nicolai
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

So I was supposed to take a brand spanking new Nicolai Helius AM in a rather fetching shade of pastel blue and red anodised linkages out on a demo ride last weekend only it wasn’t ready. This was part of a big demo day that Head for the Hills organised. I was pretty excisted even though I was only going to have it for a few hours.

Anyway, this weekend the wife is away on a hen do so I’ve been planning the all day bike riding activities for a while. If that prospect wasn’t enough, HFTH called and said the Helius was ready and would I like to take it for the weekend?

Hello! Is the Pope a Catholic? Does a bear sh1t in the woods?

So here I am with **** gorgeous machine, that no one has even had so much as a leg over on as yet, and I get to spend the entire weekend with this baby!

I swear to god I’m going to keep it in the bedroom this weekend.

**** I might just have it in the sack with me 😀

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

Sounds good, have fun. Just remember to change the sheets before she come back. 😉

MinishMan
    Free Member
    muddy_fox
    Free Member

where i come from nicolai was always a blokes name

the_lecht_rocks

here’s my Helius AM 😀

let me know if you suffer pedal strike geetee 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

TLR – I will, I know this is keeping you awake at night. To be honest, my Spesh Enduro also has this probelm big time. It’s been modified so it has a super low BB. I am thinking of getting some 165mm cranks and ultra low profile flats.

the_lecht_rocks

geetee – just about to place my CCDB order for the AM

auricgoldfinger

TLR – you’re really quite wound up about this pedal strike business aren’t you? Shouldn’t have gone with a shit rear shock! 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Give it the ride of its life!

the_lecht_rocks

auric – i’m persevering with the Monarch, and will get the PUSH tuning kit for it when it appears in the Summer.
    The Helius is my all day ‘Enduro’ machine, so I’m reluctant to add unnecessary weight unless absolutely necessary.
    meantime, I’ll be demo’ing a CCDB for the big days out on the Helius, as I had great results with that on my 6 Pack 😀

the_lecht_rocks

Adding to that, I know Karl Nicolai and the team designed the AM around an air shock (linkage rising rate to begin with, linear mid stroke and falling rate at the end stroke), so I’m keen to get it dialled right in……

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wife is away – weekend with Mistress Nicolai’ is closed to new replies.