Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Wife has ordered some UGG boots should I leave ??
  • earl_brutus

is this victormeldrewtrackworld.com or what stop whingeing! lifes too short!

mudshark
    Free Member

Some women may look good in them but they'll look better without them.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Wife has ordered some UGG boots should I leave ??

Them on while I make sweet sweet love to her? I would if I were you 😆

Ti29er
    Free Member

I think some people are failing monumentally to understand the socioeconomic implications of this apparel here in the UK.

Like it or not, Britain is shot through with social class and distinction and as such people should be aware this footwear is second only to Bench and fake Burberry in the Chav's choice of clothing.

They even come with free food coupons, a pack of 10 Lambert & Butlers and a can of Tenants Extra to further emphasise the stereotypical images & to help the wearer assimilate into the lower social divisions of UK society.

Like it or not, this is the choice of footwear of women (note: not ladies) from The House Association properties.

sc-xc

I love how an UGG advert appears —-> there with this thread.

Oh, and there are some real pricks on this thread.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh, and there are some real pricks on this thread.

Just this thread?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

My girlfriend has some, we went out on Christmas Eve and because it was snowing, she wore them with stockings and an LBD. I have to say, she looked amazing…

martyntr
    Free Member

They're very warm and comfy and don't smell……

I'd even thought about buying a pair for myself… 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

I didn't like Ugg boots until I saw the wonderful sight that is Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish both dressed in just skinsuits and Ugg boots. I still think they're incredibly ugly items of footwear, but hey, in the right circumstances…

sputnik
    Free Member

Have to agree, UGG's are just that, ugly. Should be worn at home as slippers, for that they are ace, nice and toasty. But deffo a fasion faux pas. Their soles were just not desinged for lots of walking and soon makes them look realy shyte. On the other hand you have Rocket Dogs. Not slippers but propper boots with very good soles. Looks much better on a lady and the black is always stylish. Bought some for the missus some years ago and she loved them and looked nice on her. And they are not as OVER PRICED as UGGS. They come in under £50 depending where you buy.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

such is the way in this country, scumbags see a celebrity wearing something (remember Von Dutch?) and the copyers come out with cheap knock offs and ruin it

i give you glittery motorhead t shirts for example

rootes1

don't even get my started on these f*cking things – uggs should be for christmas and not for life..

mudshark
    Free Member

Seems they have a similar problem in Cafornia:

http://www.singleape.com/?p=308

The PT Cruiser of shoes

predominantly by Malibu moms who feel in competition with their daughters

Ti29er
    Free Member
    ART

Can't be bothered to read all that. But in answer to the OP – are you still there? 🙄

My Aussie mate can't believe how people wear them over here (they are slippers where she comes from). Two words – slut wellies. Next.

mboy
    Free Member

Ugg boots are ugly, but Chavvy?

Only if your idea of a Chav is an over privileged late teen/early 20's girl, with rich parents and too little taste.

Reading this I can only assume that not one of you that has posted on this thread so far has been down the Job Centre recently!!! 😉 REAL Chavs ™ still wear White Reebok Classics!

After all, REAL Chavs wouldn't waste that much money on footwear when there's Weed, Speed, Tennents Super and Lambert & Butlers to be bought instead… Would they now!!!

My Aussie mate can't believe how people wear them over here (they are slippers where she comes from). Two words – slut wellies. Next.

Yup, I'd say that's more accurate… Noticing how popular the Von Dutch, Abercrombie and Fitch and the like brands became popular among the over privileged late teens and early 20's girls did last decade, the rise of the Ugg boot is just the same now. "Chav" doesn't describe them really, "Slut" is closer… "Wannabe Sloanes" used to be how they were described back in the day…

Like it or not, Britain is shot through with social class and distinction and as such people should be aware this footwear is second only to Bench and fake Burberry in the Chav's choice of clothing.

Whoah, how out of tune are you! Can't think of the last time I saw anyone, let alone a Chav, wearing Burberry… Maybe if we skipped back to 2003 quite possibly… Likewise, Bench, which the Chavs adopted early on, then dropped again years ago. Bench has gone full circle for definite, and has been "socially acceptable" again for a few years now I'll have you know…

mags
    Free Member

I love slipping mine on after a ride fnar fnar (can't believe I actually used that exclamation – usually the preserve of infantile males 8O)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tine for some facts now I think…. 😉

The potted history of the ugg (Small 'u') –

The ugg boot style is believed to have originated in Australia or New Zealand, although the exact date is uncertain—they have been, at different times, identified with pilots in World War I who are said to have worn them for warmth in unpressurized planes, shearers in rural Australia during the 1920s, surfers and competitive swimmers who wore them in the 1960s and 1970s for keeping warm while out of the water. In the early 2000s, they became a fashion trend in the United States, leading to increased global sales.

So they aren't slippers, but they are actually a practical working mans boot, in origin, and are designed to be worn outside.

'Ugg' is in the trendy 'Ugg Australia' brand is now a trademark of the Deckers Outdoor Corporation of the USA, and they are made in China. Nothing Australian about them at all. The only reason they fetch so much money is because of the trendy name. End of story. if you want some nice uggs (Small 'u' again) there are far, far better quality ones made, for a lot less money. – e.g. Celtic Sheepskins, Whooga and Kiwi Sheepskins.
    Cheap 'knock offs' are rubbish and they are the ones that have given them the bad name that you see chavs in tracksuits walking over on the heels in.

🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

They are just so unbelievably common (in the sense of ubiquitous rather than any class judgement sense) that I couldn't possible wear them, even if I did like them.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Bench has gone full circle for definite, and has been "socially acceptable" again for a few years now I'll have you know…

Wrong!
    (Wonders how do I break it to him gently……. )

DaRC_L

there's a shameful side of me that likes dirty looking girls in ugg boots…
    but I wouldn't want to go out with one.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

On the other hand you have Rocket Dogs

Which are synthetic, and nowhere near as warm or hardwearing as something made from sheepskin.

My GF has been after some for a while becuase she gets v cold extremities, but can't get past they way they look so stupid and the heel goes squiffy so soon. But anything that looks less moonbooty and gimpy isn't made from sheepskin, which is the whole point …

Rich
    Free Member

They aren't all made for indoors.

These ones have sheepskin inners, leather and eVENT uppers so are waterproof and breathable, and a vibram sole. I think they're ace!

Clicky

Big-M
    Free Member

Merrell used to do some alternative sheep skinned shoes & boots that had a proper sole.

First time I saw ugg's a surfing mate had come back from a trip to Austrailia with a pair, must have been late 80's…

Big-M
    Free Member

nice boots…

Warm, stylish and not chavvy!

loup
    Free Member

I'm really not a fan – think they look scruffy and uncomfortable (but that is probably the cheap knockoffs….)

I've got some North Face ones like those Merrell ones – gore-tex and thinsulate lined, grippy sole. Really warm and cosy. Was very impressed how well they coped with an unplanned winter walk round Rivington at Christmas – couldn't have done that in Ugg boots!

shredder
    Free Member

Wow so many replies it was said with a 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Holy carp, rescuing a thread a year old to give details of expired vouchers, perfect!

Jamie
    Free Member

Holy carp, rescuing a thread a year old to give details of expired vouchers, perfect!

Whut?*

*I assume something has been deleted.

Drac

Nothing gets past Jamie.

loddrik
    Free Member

My wife has some. She isn’t a ‘chav’. I quite like them. She says they are the comfiest things she has ever worn.

poppa
    Free Member

warton
    Free Member

my wifes got a brown leather pair, with fleece inners, warmer than wellies, and waterproof to an extent. certainly not slippers

rOcKeTdOg

[Quote]On the other hand you have Rocket Dogs[/quote]

I don’t have any! I think they look awful, all my collection of ladies shoes have heels 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

they are no worse than wearing white trainers with blue and white synthetic sportswear.

Drac

My Mrs came back from NYC with a second pair , she loves them swears by their comfort and warmth. I don’t like but I’m not the one wearing them.

DezB
    Free Member

For £20 they would make sense as a warm bit of footwear.

For the “designer” price charged, there is only one phrase that comes to mind:
    “Fashion victim”.

Stoner
    Free Member

How did you know they were expired vouchers Hariychested? You chavvy slut you.

epicyclo

Lads, you’re missing the important point.

If they keep your missus’s feet warm, other parts stay warm too…

😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Burn them! They were fashionable last year but now the chav world has made them their own so burn them and then wee on them to put the fire out. Last week on a train going into a well known northern towns city centre, a family friends group boarded and there were 9 women, 7 had brown fake look a like ugg boots on, one had a black pair, they all looked crap! F u g l y !

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Wife has ordered some UGG boots should I leave ??’ is closed to new replies.