Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wierd damage on Titus FTMc
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Noticed this while cleaning my FTMc.
    Its on the top of the chainstay pivot on the non-drive side.
    Wierd as its probably the least likely place a rock would hit it.

Any idea what might have caused it? 😕 (pretty sure its not a sticker)

shedfull
    Free Member

Is it heel damage? If you’re riding flats (or SPDs with the cleats turned so that you ride toe-out), your heel can easily strike or rub there when standing on the pedals, left pedal forward.

My OH has one. I’ll check tonight for similar damage.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Dont think so, ride SPDs and the sole of the shoe is rubber so can’t see it managing to damage like that?
    Didn’t think of that though…
    I was wondering whether it might have been from the chainstay twisting? I’d have thought that would be the point it would pivot about when there was sideways force on the back wheel? although the bridge might prevent that happening.
    Waiting for on-one to reply to my ‘contact us’ from the website so I can send them the pics.

dantsw13

Nothing like that on my FTMc

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Waiting for on-one to reply to my ‘contact us’ from the website so I can send them the pics.

just say Brant three times on here

response may be slower as he is probably in Taiwan

brant
    Free Member

No. I’m still in Manchester.
    Odd that. Please follow company return process.
    Let me know if issues occur.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Will do.

Cheers. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

just say Brant three times on here

mrjmt
    Free Member

Brant,

Any chance you could chase this up?

Communication seems to have halted after it took days to even get a response.

The first person I spoke to wasn’t sure if you needed the whole bike back (even though I explained I only bought the frame), just the frame or whether they could just swap the chainstay.

Since then, I’ve had no response to my email sent friday trying to clarify the cryptic email the returns dept. sent me.

Really don’t want to have to strip the frame if possible as its got reverb and rear brake hoses running through it, and I dont have a bike or frame box to send anything back in.

I can drop in to the Sheffield store on Saturday if that helps, but I’m pretty sure the FTMc was kept in ‘the other warehouse’ when I bought it so wouldn’t want to turn up without there being something to swap it for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

brant
    Free Member

Hi. Been out the loop a bit as I’ve been in Taiwan last week.

I’m a bit puzzled about you not wanting to strip the bike down, as the picture above shows the swingarm/chainstay removed?

Drop me an email – it’s in my profile.

mrjmt
    Free Member

YGM. 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wierd damage on Titus FTMc’ is closed to new replies.