Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wide rear cargo rack
  • petefromearth

Morning all

I’d like to fit a rear rack to my bike for bakery delivery purposes. Therefore I need it to have a wide-ish platform for carrying a standard plastic food delivery container which is roughly 30x40cm.

The boxes aren’t that sturdy (and the cargo is precious!) so need supported across the full width, and ideally up the sides a bit as well

I’m quite keen on the wald woody except it’s not wide enough. Anyone know if there’s something out there?

petefromearth

Here’s one of the crates…

geoffj

Regular rack with one of those zip tied on then stack the one with product in on top and secure with a bungee. Not pretty, but I’ve seen it work for many a Southern European small holder on market day.

steezysix
    Free Member

Or just knock up a plywood tray the right size that can be ziptied/attached to the rack? It’s unlikely you’ll get a stock rack that wide.

petefromearth

Yeah bit of plywood is probably the way to go. Just wondered if there was anything with a sturdy steel frame. 30×40 is euro box size which lots of cargo bikes / trailers are designed around

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Even the rack on the back of my long tail cargo bike doesn’t go that wide, like others i think its going to be a case of going as wide as you can then replacing or adding the top deck with something DIY.

maccruiskeen

Rather than a rack – carryfreedom’s trailers come with platforms sized to match standard crate and box dimensions , the small one is 600×400 so two of your crates (or the next largest size of crate) would sit there really neatly. And because the trailer stays level as you ride, rather than tilting with the bike, you could stack a few crates on top of one another.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wide rear cargo rack’ is closed to new replies.