Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wide 29er rim options
  • Cheezpleez

I’m planning to build up a 29+ front wheel and I’m just wondering what rim options there are out there. I know about the following:

Rabbit Holes
    Duallys
    P35
    Light Bicycle
    Derby
    Stan’s Hugo (when available)
    Northpaw
    Syntace?

I think I want something nearer 50mm than 35mm so a few of those above are probably out. I’m also not in a rush and I suspect there will be a few more options on the market before long. So, who’s tried what and did you like it? What’s available that I’ve missed? And what’s coming out soon? Ta.

Cheezpleez

Bumpety bump

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Have Light Bicycle 35mm hookless but only about 4 weeks riding on them. Look mint and well made. Incredibly light compared to Stans Flows, my other set. Can’t tell if they are more stiff since i have other more life and death matters on my mind when i’m railing it.

I’ve had a set of 26er Syntace W35’s. They are what convinced me that wide does have benefits but they must be really soft alloy and got dented to hell.

Cheezpleez

Thanks for that. Useful info re Syntace. At the moment, Dually seems the best option for me but I may hang on for the Hugo or whatever else appears in he coming months.

peanut
    Free Member

Dually’s are flippin ace. Loads, loads better than p35’s. Build up really well, easy to tubeless, hold air well, burp way less than p35’s and seem less prone to dinging. They are made of harder cheese than the p35’s 😉

john_l
    Free Member

P35 is now a Blunt isn’t it? No problems with mine. Tubeless fine, no burping yet.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Ibis have some large rims coming out, quite a bit spendy IIRC.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Kris Holm do a rim too.

ton

kris holm unicycle rim. awesome strength and quality.

Cheezpleez

Aha! Those Kris Holms are new on me. Look like a good toe-in-the-water option. 36 hole, though… the hub I have is 32. Hmmm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wide 29er rim options’ is closed to new replies.