Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wid rimmed 29er front wheel, ready built?
  • paulgeorge
    Free Member

Fancy the idea of a 29+ tyre on the front of my pinnacle ramin one. They currently have 19mm rims and I fancy something bigger at the front. I want to have two wheels, the spec one and maybe a 29+ too so I can switch. Are there any ready built wheels up to the job at a decent price or should I consider having one built. The Chris Holm xc and freeride rims look a decent option at 38 and 45mm respectively and a lot cheaper than the rabbit hole, they are made for unicycles however. Opinions welcome as I’m a bit out of my depth here.

frogstomp

Light Bicycle do a 35mm rim.. various build options.

nickdavies

Wide lightning?

richen987
    Free Member

Velocity blunt 35 on your choice of Hub at just riding along will fit the bill nicely for that. Doubt it would be too expensive either.

paulgeorge
    Free Member

Just checked out the light bicycle rims and they only do the 35mm in a pair. Couldn’t find the wide lightning wheels and the velocity blunt is out of stock at the only place I found it. I found these last night but have no idea if they are compatible with a 100mm mtb hub

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/29-kris-holm-xc-rim.html?gclid=CLmE4q6_-sACFUsOwwodH5wAkA

I wonder if the offset eyelets are an issue?

rOcKeTdOg

Dually rim is 45mm sam@singular has some wheelsets with that rim for sale

frogstomp

I’m sure they’d do a single wheel if you asked them – they are normally very accommodating!

takisawa2

Just ordered a Dually today, for “Knarding up” the front of my SIR.9.

(Charliethebikemonger terminology).

Have a drawer that’s seemingly full of spare front hubs, (& a set of spokes within a mm of the right length), so should be able to sort a build. 🙂

Looked at the Blunt35 but wanted to get the front like the Krampus I tried.

If you go with a Blunt you should get a front built for £120 or so.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wid rimmed 29er front wheel, ready built?’ is closed to new replies.