Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Wickedly funny or inappropriate?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

"Immaculately Conceived" – Banned by the Advertising Standards Authority… 🙄

Quite clever and funny….

… wicked timing

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Well done ASA, I'd never heard of it till it was advertised on the BBC under the guise of "news"

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Oh and

Quite clever and funny hilarious….

😆

rkk01
    Free Member

Dunno what the Church has to get upset about…

.. I mean, pretty young nun like that – bound to get fat eating ice cream all the time. 😉

clubber
    Free Member

While I think that anything that pokes fun at the Catholic Church has to be a positive, I just don't think it's clever or funny really – just advertising designed to raise offense. Don't see why it should be banned though.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    While I think that anything that pokes fun at the Catholic ChurchMuslim faith has to be a positive, I just don't think it's clever or funny really – just advertising designed to raise offense. Don't see why it should be banned though.

Fixed that for you.

Admiralable
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    While I think that anything that pokes fun at the Catholic ChurchMuslim faith has to be a positive, I just don't think it's clever or funny really – just advertising designed to raise offense. Don't see why it should be banned though.

Fixed that for you.

Further fixed for you

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks both – I'm fine with that too (with some caveats relating to sensitivity of minority groups in some circumstances).

EDIT – though I'm particularly happy to see the Catholic Church as an organisation targeted as as far as I'm concerned, it has little to do with religeon/God and more to do with power and money.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    Davy
    Free Member

"Julian Cook, from Durham, said: "What about a topless nun about to bite into an ice cream Jesus that's nailed to a pair of Flakes with the slogan 'forgive me Lord, but I know exactly what I'm doing'"

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    Fixed that for you.

Erm, no I think you've broken it actually, as last time I looked, Islam din't have nuns… 🙄

Well done ASA, I'd never heard of it till it was advertised on the BBC under the guise of "news"

+1. I'm going to go and buy some now, on the strength of this 'news' story. I bet the ice cream company are loving it. You can't buy advertising like this!

rkk01
    Free Member

"All ice cream adverts should feature young children sucking and licking their yummy treat in a variety of seemingly innocent positions."

The other suggestions aren't really repeatable on here, but the Catholic Priest / tub of ice cream one puts the concept of the Catholic Church and Offensive into context.

highclimber
    Free Member

gotta love the dailymash! brilliant report!

enfht
    Free Member

Weren't the Royal Mail forced to withdraw an advert comparing burqas to postboxes? 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I doubt it. Maybe you saw it in a dream…

nicko74

Hang on, isn't that other way round? Surely comparing postboxes to burqas? As in 'if you want to wear one, go for it'?

jahwomble
    Free Member

Neither.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Wickedly funny or inappropriate?’ is closed to new replies.