Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whyte XC209 – Going Tubeless.
  • smett72

Am proposing to switch to tubeless on my Whyte. Has anyone any experience of converting the XC209 wheels to tubeless and did you have any problems?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

smett72

I’ll be the guinea pig then. Ordered a Joe’s No Flats kit. Will update on my progress.

mdent01
    Free Member

smett72 – Did you have any joy going tubeless on these wheels?

I’m sick of punctures from thorns and flints, so considering going tubeless, using the Maxxis Ikons that came fitted on my wheels.

Anything I need to be aware of?

Cheers

tony24
    Free Member

I’ve converted the xc209 c rims been tubeless for over 3 months and they have been fine

mdent01
    Free Member

tony – yours are the carbon rims, aren’t they? I’ve noticed that Whyte list those as tubeless ready. Does that mean that you don’t need a rim strip?

Mine are the cheaper metal wheels, so I’ll need to put in a bit more effort I think

I notice that you sold the Ikons from your M109 – what did you replace them with? Happy with the change?

tony24
    Free Member

They are the carbon rims and I did notice that whyte now list them as tubeless ready but when I initially got the bike they didn’t. All I have done is 2 layers of yellow tape and that’s all.

The Maxxis ikons are so loose on the rim I couldn’t even get them to go up so there was no point. I now have specialized ground control 2.3 on the front and 2.1 on the back they go up really easy and stay up not had a single problem with them and the grip is brilliant winter or summer.

I think you could get away with 2 layers of yellow tape contours providing you get a goor fitting tyre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whyte XC209 – Going Tubeless.’ is closed to new replies.