Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whyte T130 SX sizing – 2016
  • Chunk
    Free Member

Evening, for 2016 the S + models are 20mm longer and the 2015 large is the medium. You can tell as the 2016 s is scr with 3 lines on frame near chain ring. The SX does not have this as 2x but is the frame still in line with the others and bigger than 2015?

mboy
    Free Member

We’re well into the 2017 model year now mate. All of the range now 1x only.

weeksy

Yes but you can still easily buy the older model and for a lot less money Mboy. I don’t know the answer but i have recently bought one of these 15’s from Winstanleys.

Chunk
    Free Member

Yes Mboy – im aware of that its just that I have been offered a good deal on a 2016 SX and want to make sure its the same sizing/geo as the other models in the range S/RS etc

cokie

From my knowledge all T130’s share the same frame for their MY. It’s just powder coated in different colours. In the older models, some had the addition of the front mech mount.

Chunk
    Free Member

thanks cokie – the SX isnt quite the same for that year though as the rest of the range is single ring only but this has a double.

lawman91

The front end geometry is the same regardless of model for a given model year. The 2016 SX has the same geometry as the S/RS etc. They’ve remained unchanged geometry wise for 2017, though the SX now gets the SCR treatment, but fit wise they’re all the same. Loving my T130C, it’s an incredible bit of kit!

Chunk
    Free Member

Thanks guys – might have just realised a spanner in works – the SX ive been offered is blue but all the pics of the 16 i have seen are pink??

cokie

T130SX 2015- Blue
    T130SX 2016- Pink
    T130SX 2017- Pink

Sounds like you’re being offered the 2015 model..

Chunk
    Free Member

yes guys was a 2015 in the end…. bugger.

weeksy

What’s wrong with that ? my 2015 is bloody brilliant !

Chunk
    Free Member

2016 is longer which I prefe/short stem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 SX sizing – 2016’ is closed to new replies.