Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • whyte hardtail
  • loftmonkey
    Free Member

Any one got one and are they any good can’t decide between whyte, pace or on one just looking for a light weight trail/xc type bike got a orange 5 for the heavier stuff! just wanted a hardtail for more local stuff. Whyte seems to be ticking all the boxes at the moment
    any opinions please

13thfloormonk

Give me a fortnight and I should be able to tell you, waiting to pick up a 905.

First impressions in the shop were really good, looks great with nice kit on it, nice and light too. Sizing seems to run a little small so I’m getting a large when normally I’d buy medium, but it means I can keep the short stem and inline post which should be good.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve posted my feelings about my Whyte 19 Steel on here quite a few times. Do an advanced search for me and Whyte in the last year and there should be a few posts to look at.

davemcc43

Assuming you’re short, I’ve got one for sale at the moment.

It’s very good by the way!

Regards.

DAVE

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Going through the same dilemma!!

On One 456 Carbon, Whyte 905 or (sh!) Boardman HT Pro..??

Ho hum, fun times 🙂

tonyd

Whyte. If I was in the market for a frame I’d be very tempted by Dave’s up there ^^^.

I recently built up a hardtail and spent quite a while salivating over various HT frames, ideal for me would be the 19Ti. Stunning bike!

13thfloormonk

One of the guys at the shop is already considering buying a 905 after (probably…) ragging mine about the shop floor, can’t wait!

flyingfox
    Free Member

It’s not just because we sell them – we always run a demo Whyte hardtail of some sort as it convinces folk instantly. They’re fantastic and the backup is great too from the company. My fave is the steel but the 19 Trail was so phenomenal.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got a 905,frame bought s/h on here,built up with XT drive train,Rev’s ,Elixir CR Mags,and some lightweight carbon bars and post,it’s 23 lbs with 2.2 Mountain King supersonics on,and lovely,stable,and loads of fun to rag about,it’s my first hardtail for over 10 years,and does everything I can,better than me.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I liked my 19 so much, I bought two more 😳

winterfold
    Free Member

Another vote for the 905

As a converting roady I like the lightweight and stiffness and the moderately chilled geometry is very helpful on steeper rooty descents

If you’ve got an Orange Five then you can set it up light and fast and really enjoy it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘whyte hardtail’ is closed to new replies.