Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte / ATB-Sales – excellent service.
  • fbk
    Free Member

I had a bit of a worrying moment last week when I discovered a huge crack at the base of the shock mount on my E-5. Took it back to the shop having spoken to ATB-sales and off it goes to be checked.

1 week later and apparently they can’t source a replacement E-5 frame so I’m getting an E-120 frame under warranty 😆

I think the shop I took it to are… lets say, making the most of financial opportunities as apparently my recently replaced drivetrain needs replacing, along with cables!! I’m willing to over look that though as they’ve sorted the warranty out when I actually bought the bike somewhere else.

Can’t wait to pick it up now……

z1ppy

had similar experiences with them, they are very good… most of the time. Where my black swinging arm you barstewards! ❓
    (the silver one doesn’t match the bike)

whytetrash

Sounds great…how did you break it?….love my E5 but a 120 would look sweet!

fbk
    Free Member

Z1ppy – oops. I hope I get matching frame and swingarm!!

Whytetrash – Not sure how I did it but the crack runs from the weld between the 2 shock mounts, to approx 2/3 of the way along 1 side on the upper mount!! I’d been getting frustrated with a constant creaking when climbing hard!!

Update – I didn’t realise the manager of the above shop was on STW. He recognised the details and phoned me to explain why the gear needed replacing – rumbled but all happy now.

Kind of glad really as it’s great to have a LBS you have faith in 🙂

z1ppy

fbk – my swing arm cracked (on a Mount vision) they replace the swinging arm on it’s own – the frames were previously supplied as a single unit…

fbk
    Free Member

Ah ok – I’m assuming i’ll be getting a new frame and swing arm (I doubt the E-5 swing arm will fit an E-120 🙂

Fingers crossed..

fbk
    Free Member

Well, I’m now the proud owner of a Brand New E-120 Frame AND new RP23 shock.

Very very happy and very impressed with Whyte/ATB-sales – all sorted in a week. Bring on the weekend 🙂

….just need to find a roof carrier that will fit the frame now!!

jfeb
    Free Member

Nice. The E-120 is a lovely bike. Sounds like great service all round.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Same here. Was having trouble with the shop I bought it from and happened to bump into a rep in the car park at glentress. New bike sorted really quickly with no hassle again. The shop told me if it broke again not to bother coming back with it, phoned ATB and they said rubbish and that I should go direct to them. Good guys to deal with in my experience.

That was a good few years ago, glad to hear they’re keeping up the good service.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte / ATB-Sales – excellent service.’ is closed to new replies.