Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whyte 905 – anyone own one??
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I was rather struck by this machine in my LBS over the weekend. Anyone got any Whyte 905 thoughts, experiences, pictures?

Ta

Jon

Dibbs
    Free Member

charlierevell has one, and I think he quite likes it, he’s certainly been doing a fair bit more riding since he got it. 🙂
    I’m sure if you search against his name you’ll find some pics.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bump!

:o)

charlierevell
    Free Member

As Dibbs says… I’ve got one!
    I cant fault it in the slightest (lets not get onto the forks tho – that now seems sorted!)

I love the way it rides, only had it about 5 weeks but been out every weekend so far. It seems comfortable for good milage now I have the seat in the right place (well did… just put a carbon post on it)
    Its a great all round hardtail to be honest, good on the ups and sooo confidence inspiring when it goes back down again.
    Best bit about it is that i cant wait to take her out when the weekend is in sight, I got bored of the epic due to the work cleaning and looking after it. This is a simple wash and lube, put away and take out again tommorrow job.
    I’d buy another one everytime.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It would go even betterer with some SC32 forks charlie 😆

djglover
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve got one, it really is superb, ride it every time at the moment over the commencal 5.5.

I’ve owned a Prince Albert and rode my brothers 456 a bit and this bike is way more fun than both of them IMO, very supple for an alu HT, I was very supprised at how complaint the ride was, almost like my 853 lemond in a way.

I was riding it in the Howgills a few weeks ago and I had to check the spoke tension a few times to convince myself that the wheels weren’t flexing too much. Totally revised my views on Alu HT’s for sure.

I love it, I’d get the whyte 19 though now I think. 😕

speaker2animals

Quite fancy one or a 19 myself. Did a trailquest on Sat and most were riding FS except me on my rigid SS,1 Global Ti/carbon HT and at least 3 x19s.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Djglover, is that Whinlatter, on the road down to Braithwaite?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I really should part with one, but they’re all slightly different 🙄

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi Dibbs,

Wow – You robbed a bank?

Which is which? 19 trail then 19 then ? What size frames?

Cheers

Dibbs
    Free Member

2005 19, 2007 Race, 2008/9 Ti all 17″

saladdodger
    Free Member

Dibbs – Member
    It would go even betterer with some SC32 forks charlie

And they would be more reliable, how many pairs of forks hve you buggered so far 😕

sexpest
    Free Member

Djlover wait and get the Ti, i tried one on sunday and it rocked!!!

Or give me a shout when you wwant to try the 19 we’ve got a demo bike now. 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Djglover, is that Whinlatter, on the road down to Braithwaite?

Nah, not even close, its the Surrey Hills.

peaslaker
    Free Member

Nah, not even close, its the Surrey Hills.

I know that bench. Has on separate occasions had my Whyte 46, E5 and E120 leaning against it.

I’ve been test riding the 19 and seem to be heading in that direction.

Dibbs,

Is the top tube length significantly different between the ’07 race and the ’09 Ti? The website seems to show the ’09 bikes are longer. I’ve ridden the ’09 Trail in a medium and it was just right, but if an ’07 frame came up I’d be worried it would be too short.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

peaslaker – yes I thought I’d noticed the same.

how tall are you?

What did you think of the 19 trail geometry compared to the standard 19?

I’m quite keen on one of these but don’t know which – also prob impossible to get a side by side test so choosing between them will be difficult.

Cheers

peaslaker
    Free Member

MidLifeCyclist,

I’m 6’2″, so don’t normally go anywhere near mediums. The LBS guys suggested I’d get on with a medium for a more aggressive “fun” bike. Took one out on a night ride and it was awesome. Much smoother riding than I imagined possible for an ally hardtail and really rewarded being aggressive in the corners. The reach was fine too. I was seriously impressed.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im 6’1″ on a large 905 and i wouldnt go any smaller! It feels tiny as it is!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 905 – anyone own one??’ is closed to new replies.