Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte 901 650b
  • robbespierre
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying one of these.
    Had a short test ride and quite liked it, but would appreeciate any feedback or comments from people who have ridden this new version, or previous versions of the 901.
    Do you recommend it?

robbespierre
    Free Member

bump

I’ll cry if no one answers…. 😥

DavidB
    Free Member

This won’t help but I’ve recently bought a Boardman Team MTB Pro Carbon 650b and have been stunned by just how good/light/value for money it is, and got 10% off with BC discount.

xcneil
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 whyte’s in the past and they’ve both been great. If I was in the market for a long travel HT then the 900,series would definitely be in my shortlist

robbespierre
    Free Member

Thanks for replying anyway.
    I’ve been a bit torn between getting a proper XC bike for the endurance events I do and having an HT bike that is fun to ride.
    I want it to be pretty hard wearing, so didn’t want to go the carbon route.

robbespierre
    Free Member

Thanks XCNeil,
    Did you find the 900 series geometry OK for longer XC type rides?

jezketley
    Free Member

I have the 2014 905 and really pleased with it so far. If you are just riding along, it feels like a regular xc hardtail. I thought it might be a bit of a hand full going uphill, but it isn’t. So far, I have only seen a few glimpses of its capability going down, but it feels very promising indeed.

I am not even finding the ardent crossmark tyre combo in the slippy Chilterns too much of a problem either.

robbespierre
    Free Member

cheers

13thfloormonk

My 905 was one of the best climbing hardtails I’d owned, and was great fun on descents.

It wasn’t a ‘cruiser’ though, I felt you got the best out of it if you rode it full gas all the time, which could be exhausting but made for some fun rides! 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 901 650b’ is closed to new replies.