Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whyte 802 compact real world reviews please!
  • ceepers

As above really. My OH who is a regular road rider wants something lighter than her old carrera Halfords special for light trail centre and other local fire road/bimblecore duties.

She won’t be riding fast or aggressively but I’m thinking something with an air sprung fork that actually works for her 8 1/2 stone weight and doesn’t weigh a tonne (she’s spoilt by having a posh carbon road bike with ultegra) will inspire confidence and encourage her to join me off road more often.

Any other options? Virus sentier and the Saracen mantra look ok/better spec but she likes the loom of the whyte!

£800 is about the max spend I think, possibly on cycle to work.

NormalMan

Have you looked at the Trott 1 from halfords? Great vfm.

ceepers

That looks a steal but I suspect the Trottness will put her off!

1timmy1
    Free Member

My wife has the 2015 version that we (I) have upgraded everything over time because it’s a great frame. The new ones geo looks even better. She has managed to do lots of red routes on it and has enjoyed it. It’s not the best fvm but the frames are spot on and made for UK riding. From memory is the current model 2 x 9?

ceepers

I think so although as long as the granny gear is low enough I doubt she’ll be fussed over 9or 10. Being 2 x will appeal for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 802 compact real world reviews please!’ is closed to new replies.