Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whyte 29c or Trek Superfly 9.7?
  • Kryton57

FRO Obvs…

?

njee20
    Free Member

Like my Superfly. You can ride it next weekend if you want.

Kryton57

Ok thanks. I think they have been transcended by a Canyon Grand Canyon. The Cf has better kit at the same price as the (sale) Whyte with XT and SID vs Deore /SLX and are at £1650. However, the Alu 9.9SLX also has Xt, is the same weight as the Cf but a Fox terralogic fork and at £1450 appears to be better value.

But then again, whilst cleansing down the Anthem earlier, I could just take the Ti 26er of i knew it was going to be crap, or cope with the linkages blocking issue, after all it’s not threatening podium places now is it.

adsh
    Free Member

Do I detect Beastway was muddy? I decided a 150mile round trip including a large section of M25 to race for an hour in the pissing rain wasn’t a good use of time.

Anyway I can’t reccomend the 29C enough. Light, confidence inspiring geometry (69.5HA) long (ETT size of a long+ on a medium seat tube), reasonable mud clearance etc. If ever an XC frame allowed you to do more it’s the 29C

FWIW I don’t think paper spec is the whole story. From memory the Canyon is rather short in the TT and Terralogics weigh a ton. At some point you’ll probably want to upgrade and you might as well do that to a decent carbon frame rather than an alloy one.

Kryton57

Muddy? Just a tad…

I might have changed my mind. If FS is good enough for Nino… I might use e money burning a hole in my pocket to upgrade my fork instead, see the Reba thread… 🙂

Clink

I’d go alloy Superfly and upgrade to some nice hoops. Very similar ha and ett to whyte but 142 rear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 29c or Trek Superfly 9.7?’ is closed to new replies.