• This topic has 47 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Why's my Ghetto tubeless losing air?
  • devs
    Free Member

I have found Joe's to be the best sealant. Stans doesn't seal as well and dries out quicker. I haven't used any others.

Simon

@mboy, I don't feel too bad now you've gone through those points, in reply:-

1. I got the rimstrips off Ebay for £12, I wouldn't have paid full price.

2. I tried the rear with an old folding bead Highroller which was easy to fit, I did this to see if I could get the tubeless thing to work, I did one ride with this. I then bought some 2Bliss Eskars, these were a bitch to get on, but I got them on eventually without tyre levers. Bit worried how long it would take to put a tube in an emergency.

3. I'm using Stans sealant, so hopefully no worries there.

First proper ride tomorrow, fingers crossed.

mboy
    Free Member

Mboy – using the tube method on my DT's I can't get the tyre on the rim – hence the gaffa method – if you've got some suggestions let's me know even if it involves a visit from Dr Mboy the professor of no-tubes!

Gotcha

DT rims are BLOODY tight, hence I reckon the gaffa tape method should be safe enough with them (in theory at least). I just couldn't get my Bontrager ACX's onto my old DT rims with the DT/Eclipse rimstrips either, so in a fit of rage, sold the bloody lot and switched back to Mavic rims…

A tight rim/tyre combo does make for a pretty bullet proof tubeless combo though in fairness, just whether or not you can actually get it to work in the first place!

Oh, and my front Kenda went down to less than 10psi or so overnight for the first few rides just like yours is doing. I eventually popped a bit more sealant in through the valve (only like 20ml or so), gave it a right good swill around, pumped it up to 60psi, gave it more of a swill around, rode it up and down the road, left it overnight and it retained most of its pressure. I just leave mine somewhere around 26-28psi now and they barely lose any air inbetween rides.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Maybe I need to ride them a bit more before givinh up.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Oh yes!! ROCK HARD!!!

Used my neighbours JowBlow track pump which got both my back wheels up to 60psi (Rather than 40psi with my shitty blackburn one) and then rode both of them around a bit. Checked them this morning and they are both fully loaded!!! 🙂 🙂

Well chuffed!!!

devs
    Free Member

Result!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been out riding on them today and they are still up now – hopefully will still be up tomorrow too! 🙂

devs
    Free Member

On my singlespeed I've got sun ringle SOS wheels ghetto'd with an advantage 2.25 R and a HR 2.35 F. I inflated them in Nov, I've not touched them since. I ride it about 3 times a week. Got to be happy with that!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Why's my Ghetto tubeless losing air?’ is closed to new replies.