Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Why won't my child walk?!
  • tron
    Free Member

I suspect it's sheer indolence.

molgrips
    Free Member

We also have tiled floors, but the handles are high enough so she couldn't reach them on all fours.. she now likes to go through them and empty the pans and stuff out – fair enough I suppose, we're happy to deal with that 🙂

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

When was the last time you met an adult who could only crawl and communicated in burbles (Kicking out time at the pub excepted)? We all learn to wlak etc in the end it's only a matter of time.

I for my part walked quite early but refused to get out of the pushcahir that my younger sister was keen to vacate to walk – result a four year old in a buggy straining to stay together whilst his 18 month year old sister totteretd along in front.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Dont worry about it. With my first little lad i was so pround when he walked his first few steps at 8mths (He crawled mega early as well). I thought i would have some kinda olympion on my hands. He got ill for a few weeks after that so he didnt start stomping about properly till 9mths though.

We didnt bother with my little girl 'as much' and she was walking by 9mths, Neither spent much time on the holding on phase.

The reason i say dont worry is friends who had kids who didnt walk for ages and were always a little jealous/worried, soon found their little uns caught up mega quick. Parents seem to worry that their kid is not developing quickly enough if they are slow at walking. Any kids that were months/years behind soon caught up and in a lot of cases went past my kids. They walk when they can, just live with it and have fun trying

GW
    Free Member

Girls often seem a little late in walking compared to boy

Where did you get that from?!!
    I know one girl who walked at 7months (Nightmare!) and a pair of twins who were nearly 2 before they walked.
    They're all different, just accept it and let them do it in their own time. FWIW mine never crawled or even turned over before walking.

hug
    Free Member

if the doctors/health visitors haven't any abnormalities in his joints/bones then he's probably just decided that walking is obviously a mugs game and how much longer will i have to wait for dad to buy me a **** mountain bike

LadyGresley
    Free Member

My first was a lazy so-and-so but walked just before his first birthday, the second (my daughter) wasn't going to be left out of things and crawled at 6 months and walked at 9 months – nightmare!

garage-dweller

I wouldn't worry too much. Our little boy is just coming up to a year and 'only' started to crawl about 3 weeks ago. A month ago we were worried he wasn't crawling now we're wondering how to slow him down! 😆 🙄

Mister-P
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

I blame the Tories..

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Where did you get that from?!!

From knowing lots of babies both boys and girls – as an average, girls seem to take a bit longer to walk and talk.

No I haven't spent millions on proper scientific research – just observed and listen to childcare experts.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

From knowing lots of babies both boys and girls – as an average, girls seem to take a bit longer to walk and talk.

I know lots of babies too and my 'research' contradicts yours. So there.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Proper research show it's the same – neither learn to walk earlier than the other sex.

VanHalen

we have a bum shuffler. but its more yogic flying than shuffling. guarenteed to get a laugh in all public places.

she's 18months and just cruising. she cant crawl and cant really sit up or stand up so she's quite frustrated/grumpy/**** livid at times.

the eldest was 14months when she disappeared up the sweetie isle in tescos on her own. she didnt bother with crawling or shuffling.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think 2.5yrs is very late.

Talk to your healthcare advisor if worried?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I'm sure everything is a-OK and everyone's comments on here are the right reassuring type. In the interest of balance – and far from wanting to concern you – not all kids just get up and walk one day. Our first born struggled to sit upright. We thought nothing of it, but the nursery mentioned it. Anyone, cutting a long story – and many consultants and doctors later – short, it transpired he had a rare illness, one symptom being poor muscle tone.

He's 3 1/2 now and although he can walk in a fashion, it is in a falling-over-with-style kind of way. He still cannot stand unaided. The moral? If you are genuinely concerned, get it checked out. If you're not happy with the "it's nothing" response, insist on getting a second opinion. We assumed it was nothing and were wrong.

saleem
    Free Member

Trust me when the wee one starts walking that's it, we couldn't undersatand why my eldest son couldn't crawl at 9 months, he just rolled from pot plant to pot plant eating the soil, then he started crawling and 2 weeks later he was walking at 10 months,and just turned 10 he trains twice a week now for his football team, trained with Liverpool and Ireland last summer, played in front of 14,000 at half time at an International, plays GAA for local team, school football, GAA and cross country teams,you see where I'm going, don't worry, they all do it when the time comes, and then all they'll need is detol for the knees and maybe a crash helmet…………we only want the best for them after all

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Why won't my child walk?!’ is closed to new replies.