Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Why? WHY? Why the hell have i entered this stupid thing for the 3rd time?
  • Pook

…and managed to convince a mate to enter with me. Must be nuts.

New bearings, chain, clothes, shoes, mechs and brakes on order for February 13th.

Damn you. Damn you all.

monksie
    Free Member

Dunno’. Don’t know what you’ve entered so I have no chance of offering a suggestion why you have.
    Don’t you have the slightest inkling why? That’s a pretty big split personality you have going on if not.
    Equally don’t know why you are damning the rest of the world.

AdeC
    Free Member

what or who have you entered?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bike-Valentine’s Day contest?

woody2000

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mark E Smith WTF?

Bregante

Htn?

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is what I thought but HIT THE NORTH is on the 12th feb at the usuaul awesom place using the same awesome course etc
    see here for info

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ahh…one of my favourite Fall tracks.

Pook

indeed junkyard – and I’ll need to replace all those things then next day….

ourmaninthenorth

It’s all right, Pook, so have I.

But I’m avoiding the drivetrain issues by making my fixie a SS cross bike and then realising the gearing is too high and having to walk the whole course.

With any luck, I won’t even have to wash the bike….

Pook

I’m putting bull bars on the front of mine to knock the mincing CX bikes out the way on the descents.

They can do the same to me on the climbs, I don’t mind.

Pook

oh, and when I was damning people, it was specific people who run addictive but stupid races in Prestwich….

terrahawk
    Free Member

You’ll be thanking me afterwards, like you always do. Then you’ll enter the next one, like you always do….

😉

Thanks for entering BTW. It’s going to be MINT.

Harry_the_Spider

I thought this was going to be about t’puffer!.

I’ve had a blast round the 2011 course with Terrahawk and it is the best yet. All the good (or bad depending if you are a half full/half empty kind of person) bits in Philips Park and a good chunk of the new berms and jumps in Waterdale.

No CX race has a stream crossing like this. No MTB race has a climb like this.

Oh… and the “Preparation H” drop off is back so you may need to order a new O ring for your bum in case you drive your seat right up it. 😯

cp

just entered 🙂

Singlespeed CX with 42:20 gearing is the current plan… should I be looking lower than this??!

epicyclo

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    …But I’m avoiding the drivetrain issues by making my fixie a SS cross bike and then realising the gearing is too high and having to walk the whole course…

Now that is pure brilliance 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve no idea if 42:20 on a cross bike is a big or small gear (and I can’t be right bothered calculating it) but I can get ’round it on a 26″ wheeled bike with a 37:16.
    But I have to put my back into it a fair bit.
    The equivalent of 34:16 on a 26″ bike would be lovely.

ourmaninthenorth

37x 16 = 60″ (on 26 inch wheels). Equiv to 40×18 on 700c.

34×16 = 55″ (on 26 inch). Part way between 40×20 (54″) and 42×20 (56.7″) on 700c.

I’ll be on 40×18. What the hell.

terrahawk
    Free Member

it’ll be reet, as the saying goes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Why? WHY? Why the hell have i entered this stupid thing for the 3rd time?’ is closed to new replies.