Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Why was the Aftermarket car warranty thread closed??
  • granny_ring

Look like I’ll be buying the GTI so this is something I’m thinking about getting.
    Not looked into it yet so any pointers would be handy? I’ll have a look at the AA for a start.

maccruiskeen

think it was an old thread that had been revived by a spammer.

nickjb
    Free Member

Probably attracting spam.

granny_ring

Right ok, no spammers here then please!
    Any genuine recommendations?

sands
    Free Member

Back in the 1980’s we used to refer to them as ‘three twos’ warranties.

Which stood for:
    2 minutes out the door
    2 miles down the road
    2 bulbs

However IIRC, the AA warranty was mentioned favourably in the closed thread.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got one of those ‘free’ ones with my last car from an Arfur Daley type bloke, on inspection just about the only thing that was covered was the engine block.

Coyote
    Free Member

Read the Ts & Cs carefully. You’ll be amazed as to just how much is classed as reasonable wear and tear and as such excluded.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had a warranty wise one on my last Alfa – used when the airbags had an issue and some other bits as well. It was the one Quentin Willson used to promote.

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/?source=adwords&gclid=CMrGh6Oa-cgCFdXNGwodYlsPXQ

When I had to use it the seller recommended a garage he knew as being experienced with warranty wise and the claims process, to make the experience smooth.

I told the garage to look for anything wrong that might be covered by the warranty – and claimed for all which was about £800s worth. I had everything else slightly dodgy fixed as well, so the total bill was about £3200.

granny_ring

Thanks I’ll try warrantywise and the AA

granny_ring

Ouch £600+ a year.

trail_rat
    Free Member

grannyring- think of it this way.

It IS NOT a warrenty.

it is insurance.

Chances of something going wrong with an aging VW “semi warm hatch” and it being expensive. HIGH. – A bit like insuring a 17 year old new driver- statistics say there will be a claim….

hora
    Free Member

Evening. I looked into the AA warranty but two things didn’t tally up- phone sales said covered where ever. T&C’s state you must breakdown because of the fault.

How many times does a fault make you actually not start or run?

granny_ring

You’re probably right Trail rat but it won’t cover the DSG gearbox either which was one of the reasons I thought about getting it.
    Didn’t go into the quote in dept, not yet anyway.
    I’ll try the AA tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why was the Aftermarket car warranty thread closed??’ is closed to new replies.