• This topic has 69 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • why this forum is better than a bucket of breasts.
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Friday = Spending the evening with Peterpoddy whilst he kindly sorted out mrsconsequence’s bike using a multitude of spare parts from his garage (part of which involved installing the headset that Rusty_Mac posted to me for a bargain price!). Just when you think ‘damn this is awesome… couldn’t get much better’ BAM! out comes Mrspoddy with some homemade snacky cakes 😀 for those that came to the first Swinley Sexy Party last winter, they were the very same oaty delicious feasts.

Saturday = Ride with The Southern Yeti, his new lady, mrsconsequence and a couple of other like-minded friends around swinley in the wet. Twas awesome and considering yeti’s lady is meant to be a mtb beginner… she powered through everything 😀 and was loving messing around in the rain.

Yeti spent a fair amount of effort and time helping me convert my bike to singlespeed before we set off to ride and even gave me a rear wheel to use. PP spent 2 1/2 hours working away on mrsconsequences bike with only beer as a reward for putting up with my inane conversation….

It’s the riding and meeting up with people offline that adds a bit of magic to this forum me thinks… I’m always speechless at the warmth, kindness and generosity of people on this silly website 😀

For those who feel this forum can get a bit angry and pointless sometimes.. try meeting up with people, making new riding buddies and helping each other out :mrgreen:

Thank you guys!

SWINLEY FORUM RIDE

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it still working, the bike? 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mr and Mrs P Poddy are legends, esp. Mrs Poddy’s baking 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

yup! that reminds me, i must order me one of them headsets too 😀

For those who feel this forum can get a bit angry and pointless sometimes.. try meeting up with people, making new riding buddies and helping each other out

Nail on the head.
    I don’t know for sure, but I always get the impression the angry pointless people are the ones who never get out and meet any of the rest of us.
    I’ve got on with everyone I’ve met from this forum so far, whatever size wheels or type of handlebar grips they’ve got.

philconsequence
    Free Member

*grins and nods in agreement*

camo16
    Free Member

That’s good to know.

PS. How good is a bucket of breasts? Is it a big bucket?

rewski
    Free Member

I’m so unlucky, I fell into a big bucket of breasts and came out sucking my thumb.

AdamW
    Free Member

.. of disembodied breasts?

Eww. Regardless of sexuality that just sounds gross!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree best bit of on here mioost folk I ride with are from STW in someway or another tbh.
    Cheers to chucky/vortex who keeps soldering up my lights for me

Cougar

I fell into a big bucket of breasts

Aha, a booby trap.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I got a bucket of breasts from KFC, wasn’t that good, to be honest

rOcKeTdOg

I’d only want to meet some of them in daylight though

philconsequence
    Free Member

booby trap 😆

i wanted to type ‘better than a bucket of soapy boobs on a rainy sunday’ but it wouldn’t fit in the thread title.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve done it the other way around, met people on trails only to meet them some time later on this forum.

binners

Its bloody great on here. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting stacks of people off here, not just reasonably local but all over t’country.

They’ve all been fine human beings and been happy to share their local knowledge of the trails. Worth its weight in gold when you don’t know the area. Cake always figures prominently too. Though special mention has to go to greame and his “Lancashire Bhajis

The only thing I would say is if you plan on meeting up with WCA for ‘a couple of beers’, then don’t plan on riding your bike home 😀

camo16
    Free Member

Way to entice disillusioned STWers to your forum ride – the promise of magical face-to-face decency!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How good is a bucket of breasts?

Not as good as seeing me wet and dirty it would seem.

Cheers Phil… good things happen to good people and all that.

Anyway, conversation with the good lady this morning…

Her: When can we go out on the bikes again?
    Me: Not sure.
    Her: How about tonight?
    ME: I need to do HIIT in the gym.
    Her: Fine, I’ll go out on your bike without you!

😯

iDave
    Free Member

You do know that you can do HIIT, outdoors, using a bicycle etc?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes iDave, I do… doesn’t make for a particularly ‘fun’ ride for her though.

Edit: I’m an exercise obsessed control freak… how dare you suggest I change my plans 😀

iDave
    Free Member

More fun than riding alone. Do the HIIT in the street before you go riding? Or something.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Not as good as seeing me wet and dirty it would seem.

. You were wearing your see through lycra again then? 😛

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

There was a single, somewhat discoloured breast lying on the bench next to me when I was doing some work in the pathology lab.
    Disturbing for all sorts of reasons, none of which reflect well on me

OT, I know, but this thread needed some pointlessness

EDIT – I’ll be back later with some anger, if I can be arsed

philconsequence
    Free Member

she’s hooked 😈

get her down to swinley with us again, think we’re entering a season of weather she seemed to enjoy muchly! also a female riding buddy would help get becca out over the colder months 😀

and and and… there’s something to be said for you two crashing at mine the night before a ride, wine, keys in the bowl… that kinda thing.

Bunnyhop

It is indeed a very enjoyable experience meeting up with other forumites.

I met one of my closest friends through STW and she has since become a sort of business partner too.

Long may it continue.

Waves to binners and all my other friends.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

she’s hooked going to need to get her own bike

This pre-ride riding has got me all a tingling.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good point, the Ti did look a tad big for her…. still, nothing seemed to daunt her at all! gurl got skilz dem.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

She came home buzzing (albeit a little bruised) telling me she was trying to bunnyhop a log and her feet slipped off the pedals. Mans saddle to the ladybits is not a good look.

Ladies? Any suggestions for a good saddle?

mustard
    Free Member

Ladies? Any suggestions for a good saddle?

Only ask DGOAB if you want to buy her the most eye wateringly expensive first saddle, it does have a 30 day money back guarantee though 🙄

RustyMac

Hey Phil,

Glad that headset work out for mrsconsequence’s bike 😀 , one day i’ll make it down to one of your Swinley rides and catch up with some of the friendly sounding forumites from down that end of the country.

It will involve quite a bit of planning when i do as it i is quite a hike from the fine granite city that is Aberdeen.

Bunnyhop

Take her to try out the specialized ‘arseometer’ it measures a womans bones and gives correct saddle meaurements.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Glad that headset work out for mrsconsequence’s bike

I greased it up and it slipped in nicely. 😯

RustyMac

what a lovely thought PP 😉

Cougar

wine, keys in the bowl…

I’ve had a night like that. Fortunately, I managed to retrieve them before anyone flushed it.

Take her to try out the specialized ‘arseometer’ it measures a womans bones and gives correct saddle meaurements.

Or sit on some corrugated cardboard.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Lol at mustard. It is also purple and black, in addition to being super pricey 8)

Yeti, its all very personal preference and depends on where she gets pain/rubbing.

I got my sitbones measured on specializeds arse-o-meter and chose a saddle based on that. I’m impressed with my selle italia slr lady gel flow…it ain’t cheap but money back guarantee on all selle italia saddles so worth trying out. A friend recently got the Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow and she seems to like it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

now now 😆

headset worked beautifully, i will be purchasing one for my bike me thinks… keep it to the side until winter has punished my current attempt at a headset!

hang on.. i can’t bunnyhop, how come she can?! if your riding skills are transferred sexually then i’d like to book myself in please.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A bucket of breasts..?

“rubs hands in anticipation”

“over ere sonny, on me head”

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I sat on an ares-o-meter thing and it advised me to get a saddle that’d be completely wrong for me.

Phil – just fix the key picking thing??

philconsequence
    Free Member

huh? you wot sonny?

RustyMac

Phil, This one is the one i sent you for mrsconsequence’s bike if you want to get a shiny new one for your bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘why this forum is better than a bucket of breasts.’ is closed to new replies.