Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Why the Pope opposes condoms
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Mining companies, secular governments, mercenary armies, oil companies, communists, cubans, islamists, englishmen, voodoo whackjobs and many other sorts of charmers all persecute/d people in africa. Singling out the catholic church on that basis is bonkers.

grumm
    Free Member

OK, lots of groups are important for promoting ‘social cohesion’ in africa – singling out the church is bonkers.

surfer
    Free Member

Mining companies, secular governments, mercenary armies, oil companies, communists, cubans, islamists, englishmen, voodoo whackjobs and many other sorts of charmers all persecute/d people in africa. Singling out the catholic church on that basis is bonkers.

I dont see many coming to the defense of some of the outrageous practices of this motley crew!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Indeed. The church does a lot of good and some (a lot of?) harm. Mercenary armies do lots of harm and no good. I regret that I do not see how this advanceas your argument significantly.

Grumm – I do not for a moment suggest that the church is the only or main force for social cohesion in africa and am not singling it out.

🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Well you did, in just the same way as I ‘singled it out’ for encouraging people to torture kids.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I do not agree, but I fear we are not assisting the broader argument by debating this point.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why the Pope opposes condoms’ is closed to new replies.