• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ski.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Why the booing at The Masters
  • SiB
    Free Member

Sorry this is a bit dated now but I heard some of the spectators booing Kucher (Kurcher?), does anyone know why? It just seemed a bit out of place for golf.

tracknicko
    Free Member

not booing.

that is the sound of yank golf fans going

‘koooooooooooooch’

did you not wonder why it was limited to just him?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Maybe they all just realised how shit golf is and are booing themselves.

SiB
    Free Member

tracknicko….yes, was wondering why they were just ‘booing’ him hence the q. It was unusual to hear as its not very ‘golf like’

aP
    Free Member

People watch golf?
    I’d rather cut my legs and arms off TBH.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d rather cut my legs and arms off TBH

Don’t cut your arms off first.

Houns

They also do it for Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke Donald

Mongs

Stuey01
    Free Member

Luke Donald gets similar… “Luuuuuuuuuuuke”. You won’t have heard much of that on the Masters TV coverage as he had an absolute shocker and was well out of contention.

Predictable “humourous” responses from Three Fish and aP, well done guys *Golf Clap*.

tracknicko
    Free Member

funny really on a forum where folks whinge like **** due to the lack of respect cyclists get from other trail users, car drivers, walkers, councils etc.

that the very same cyclists then act like total **** when you mention a sport other than cycling.

it’s ok to be interested in other things guys. it’s about balance yeh?

****’s sake.

SiB
    Free Member

tracknicko……couldnt agree with you more but what do you expect from some STWers, singletrack and singletrack minded.

Maybe if some golfers wore lycra or they used trolleys so ‘what tyre’ discussions could be had then their views would change?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The ironic thing is, both sports have such a similar customer base…

Middle class wallies, with all the gear and no idea.

Houns

Yep, and I do both 8)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Middle class wallies, with all the gear and no idea

I think this statement highlights who the clueless wally is…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Houns

For the win treble …. Tell us you drive an audi 😆

I don’t mind the odd round as a caddie/driver of the buggy with mates… Love the banter.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Turner guy … touched a nerve ?

I’m guessing from your name, that your golf clubs must be those massive Callaways… and you spend most of the time taking an iron off the tee

SiB
    Free Member

Ro5ey…..I only play twice a year at Royal Liverpool, ride a P7 and drive an audi estate – do I get the treble??

scuttler

Live sport. Drama and excitement sufficiently drawn out such that head games have a significant effect on the outcome. What’s not to like? Sure golf isn’t similar to mountain biking and I have no ambition to play it but it’s excellent to watch the final round of a major (I’m fair weather but who cares). In my opinion.

Houns

No Treble here, but my 2 Uncles are Professionals, My cousin plays for England, my bro is off scratch (as well as another cousin). Surely that’s worth some points? Oh I ride a Santa Cruz

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nop …. a P7 you say …. that’s an old bike right? And I bet you pay with a set of old/2nd hand clubs

You are having too much fun without spending money…. damn you.

I guess you can have a point for the audi…. if it turns out to be an audi80 the point is deducted, mind.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No Treble here, but my 2 Uncles are Professionals, My cousin plays for England, my bro is off scratch (as well as another cousin). Surely that’s worth some points? Oh I ride a Santa Cruz

That’s the beauty of golf you can all go out and play together, even if you are rubbish…. where as if you changed the sport to biking, you’d be left an the bottom of the hill panting.

Houns

I get to see more of the course than they do too, gets me monies worth

schnullelieber
    Free Member

That’s made my day 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Turner guy … touched a nerve ?

no – but then I am not the one with the insecurities about so-called social class.

And I play with 2nd hand/old clubs from the 80’s, and don’t drive an Audi (although might do if they drove decently…)

SiB
    Free Member

Ro5ey….its a P7 pro if thats worth anything, about three years old which is about 15years newer than my 2nd hand clubs, surely gotta be worth something? And the audi belongs to my wife, is red, and she just lets me drive it!!

Lifer
    Free Member

Don’t mind playing it and can sit through 5 day tests and the snooker but Golf as a spectator sport is like having dog walking as a spectator sport. Without the fun of a dog.

donks
    Free Member

I personally love watching the masters at Augusta. It’s not that I watch any other golf per say just that one….the only thing that lets it down is the damn stupid yanks and there calls..”GED in tha hole” and all that crap. I had wondered what the booing was tbh.

toby1

SiB would have had the holy trinity if you had a 5, close but no cigar! Oh, you could redeem yourself if you are browsing the site on an iPad?

joat

If I had 4 or 5 hours spare to play golf, I’d still ride my bike. 🙂

ski
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

I’d rather cut my legs and arms off TBH

lol 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Why the booing at The Masters’ is closed to new replies.