• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Why so hard to get hold of Giant parts?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get hold of a replacement mech hanger for my road bike but I’ve emeailed about 4 shops, all of whome have said they don’t stock giant parts and can’t get them. One can, but wants a very high amount and more than weeks lead time. I’d have thought most LBS or online shops would have suppliers of aftermarket ones to fit rather than rely on the giant originals?

geoffj

eBay?

bigyinn
    Free Member

BETD?

squiff
    Free Member

coffeeking

I have a load of giant parts all in good condition that am selling at the mo. What are you after fella? I might have a mech hanger for you

emac65
    Free Member

+1 for BETD…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can’t find it on ebay, BETD don’t seem to do the same hanger, squiff – that’d be cool, it’s a “20” hanger I as far as I know:

I should double check it tonight but that’s what I was told, must admit I didn’t look at my own as I was so disgusted with it snapping off lol.

Ooh I lie, betd do have one – didn’t find it on my first search.
    However, £20!? Jesus.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ooh I lie, betd do have one – didn’t find it on my first search.
    However, £20!? Jesus.

Believe it or not, £20 is reasonable for a hanger.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Believe it or not, £20 is reasonable for a hanger.

The last 3 hangers I’ve bought have been £4, £7 and £8 respectively in time. At £20 I could almost risk replacing the mech instead.

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve always paid between 15-20 notes for hangers…..

atlaz
    Free Member

15 quid is average online for a hanger. Last one I snapped on my Trance I paid 22 quid from Nirvana in Westcott as they had one in stock and it was on the way home.

there’s an Israeli guy in ebay who sells mech hangers that are really well made and cheap (although I have a feeling they’re stronger than the mech which is a problem).

This bloke – http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CNC-Machined-Bicycle-Parts?_trksid=p4340.l2563

squiff
    Free Member

Heres mine

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hmm I’m not sure if that’s the same, I might have to take a few measurements and get back to you if that’s ok?

squiff
    Free Member

That’s fine, looking at them am sure it’s the same, just maybe one of them is a newer/updated version.

frank4short
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

At £20 I could almost risk replacing the mech instead.

The hanger’s designed to protect your frame not your mech…

joolsburger
    Free Member

This place is really slipping was a time that would have been the first reply.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The hanger’s designed to protect your frame not your mech…

I know that 🙂 But it would be easier to have a breakaway mech bolt or just a weak mech.

akira

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=7703&categoryID=819
    is this it.
    if so then shame on you, ‘giant mech hanger’ into google found it as the first entry.
    😉

anto164
    Free Member

i went into my local GIANT dealer and bought a mech hanger for my mountain bike. 3 days later it arrived.

Perhaps GOING to a local bike shop is worth it? Giant is a massive make, and there are LOTS of dealers around.

aP
    Free Member

Phone up one of the Giant Concept stores and ask them – there’s one in Twickenham.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Why so hard to get hold of Giant parts?’ is closed to new replies.