Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • …why should I spend extra on a revelation "RLT" instead of just a "RL"
  • moniex
    Free Member

Please explain?

Simone

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

for the T.

HTH.

davewalsh
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware, the RLT has an externally adjustable gate threshold (which lets the fork ‘blow off’ if left locked).
    Not worth the extra money IMO.

rickon
    Free Member

Well, it does… But you need an Allen key, and no one has one of those 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

What you really need is the RLT Ti 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

Some of the newer RLs don’t have allen-key adjustment. I’d make sure it does since I qiite like balancing the threshold against the low-speed compression.

brakes
    Free Member

I have RL and do sometimes wonder why I’ve ridden crap down a hill, then realise that I’ve left lockout on, so it could come in useful…
    I also think it’s to blame for the leaks that you often get due to seal damage in the lockout unit

moniex
    Free Member

To be honest, I never use the lockout! Got some old ish 2010 revs and took the remote lock out off, I’d always remember once I got to the top of the hill.

So I suppose I need some”R” s then, but they don’t do those. So the “RLT” s don’t have the high and low speed compression adjust thingy? I seem to remember my husbands lyrics having this.

If it only makes the lockout work better, I won’t need RLT’s and the RL’s will do.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Looking to order some new 2013 ones soon, and the price difference isn’t much so just want to get the ones right for me.

Simone

miranmtb
    Free Member

I have a dual air Reba RLT. The T is just one more adjustment to better tune your fork to your liking.
    If you are a lighter rider than it is useful to lower the lockout blow off threshold to better suit you. The preset setting for this on RL models is better suited for normal and heavier riders.
    I think for a lot of riders it is better to have a simpler fork with fewer settings that just works.
    So I wouldn’t spend the extra but mine was cheaper than the RL equivalent at that time.
    The RLT resale value is better.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

same as the Fox Float RL’s id guess

i used to have the Float RLC’s (which im guessing the C is the same as the T on rockshox forks)

used to be a pain in the ass to setup the RLC’s

i swapped for some Float RL FIT’s and they are a million times better, no messing, just lockout/open and rebound, nice and simple!

im thinking of selling them and getting some 2013 rev RL’s myself (as i cant justify the floats anymore price wise)

i wouldnt go for the RLT, i like to keep it nice and simple so it will be the RL’s!

anyways anyone wanna buy a set of 2010 black Float 150mm FIT RL’s 15mmQR?!?!

donal
    Free Member

I think it would depend on whether you have a poplock or a crown compression adjuster. If you have poplock (or similar) the threshold adjuster will just be either (1) not in use when fully open or (2) used to blow of the lockout when locked out. It becomes much more useful when you can adjust the low speed compression alongside the threshold. This allows you to eliminate the fork bobbing and also keep it high the travel to stop diving, but then open up on big(ger) hits.

The RLTs have separate low and high compression. However, only the low speed compression is adjustable. The highspeed compression is factory set (unlike the mission control on Boxxer Teams and lyrics).

In order of preference I would choose (1) crown adjusted compression and then (2) crown adjustable threshold.

I could be wrong on all of this, so happy to be corrected.

elliptic
    Free Member

What Donal said.

To clarify some more: if you have the non-poploc version of the fork with crown lockout dial, then backing off the “T” threshold adjuster to minimum converts the lockout dial into an on-the-fly low-speed compression / platform adjust.

This is much more useful than plain lockout IMHO and is the real reason to have the “T” version 🙂

moniex
    Free Member

More complicated then I thought then! I had some fox 36’s with some of those high and low speed compression adjusters and they drove me mad!

I weigh about 10st, so not that heavy. I like to be able to get a fork to be sensitive to the little bumps, without blowing through their travel. Never quite managed it with the 36’s.

So RLT’s it is?

roverpig

I’ve got some RLTs with poplock and am planning to remove the poplock for exactly this reason (so that I can adjust compression and threshold to suit).

donal
    Free Member

Another thing to take into account is that the dual air Revs will allow you to play with the +&- air pressure which can allow them to be pretty sensitive for small bumps (start of the travel).

moniex
    Free Member

I think the new 2013 revs are solo air, so no dual air to play with. And I dont want a poplock really. Will go for crown lockout as I will never use it.

retro83
    Free Member

rickon – Member

Well, it does… But you need an Allen key, and no one has one of those

Protip: You can also pull out and use the red rebound adjuster dial to alter the gate setting.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘…why should I spend extra on a revelation "RLT" instead of just a "RL"’ is closed to new replies.