Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Why should I not get an iphone
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

My current contract ends at the end of the month. I like the look of the iphone and the people who I have spoken to and have one seem to think they are great. I use a phone for text, email and making phone calls and like the look of all the other stuff you can to get on an iphone.

Any reasons why I should not get one other that from people that do not have one but seem to not like apple as a brand?

organic355
    Free Member

😯

I am still thinking.

Sent from my iphone

rkk01
    Free Member

O2

Dibbs
    Free Member

From what I understand, the battery life isn't too good, and its not that brilliant for actually making phone calls (it is nice and shiny though, and I'm quite tempted myself) 😳

afrothunder88

Don't get one if you don't like charging your phone pretty much everyday. I text alot, browse for around 30-40 minutes per day and pretty much never get 2 full days out of it. And thats with the brightness turned to the minimum and 3G turned off.

Edit – beaten to it. Although I disagree with the making calls part, I think its the same as any phone in that respect.

cp

o2 wont be an issue for those that have issues soon – orange and vodafone will have it end of oct.

personally, in 2 years, never had an issue with 02 – found them great actually.

gf has been with em for donkeys years. no problems.

mogrim

Only two reasons I can think of (and I'm certainly not a mac fan): iTunes and the camera.

cp

not that good for actually making calls

dunno what this is all about – mine is clear as day! why are they not that good for making calls?

visual voicemail is great.

njee20
    Free Member

Agree that visual voicemail is excellent, and the way the screen turns off when it's near your ear is far superior to so many other touch screen phones where you just press buttons while you're making calls.

I like mine, I'm not one of the 'fanboys' in that it's not changed my life, but it's a good piece of kit. Camera's crap, but if I'm going somewhere I want to take photos, I take a proper camera, phone cameras are always dire in the majority of situations.

clubber
    Free Member

I've had one for about three months now. I don't really like apple as a brand though.

Reasons not to get one:

1. Battery life isn't great (need charging at least every day for me, often mid way through the day though I do use mine a fair bit)
    2. Sad apple-evangelists give you approving nods when they see your phone
    3. O2
    4. Camera's only ok – not awful but not great.
    5. er…

That's about it I reckon. There are lots more positives so I'm very happy with mine.

Dibbs
    Free Member

not that brilliant for actually making phone calls

It was just something I read in a review somewhere, but it was a while ago, the newer ones are probably better.

organic355
    Free Member

Reasons not too get one: (and I own a 3GS)
    battery isnt great, but I have mine sat in a dock all day at work by my computer so its always at 100% when I need it.
    Camera isnt great either but I dont really use it that much.
    You will spend lots of money on the APP store.
    You will become a social outcast when you start playing with it in the pub/restaurant/anywhere that you are supposed to be conversing like a normal human being.
    You will get addicted to "Paper toss" (my record is 19)

organic355
    Free Member

whats wrong with O2? never had a problem myself.

tails
    Free Member

If you lose it you'll be angry.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

3gs is significantly faster to open/do things, 3g reception is lots better on the 3gs model, and battery life is way better than the 3g.

Apart from that they are mostly the same. Great gadgets 🙂

jim
    Free Member

No problems here with call quality, though I did once read somewhere that using an iPhone turns your wee into champagne…

tomzo
    Free Member

ah i love paper toss. 19?!??! thats insane. On hard though, yes? my best is 14 🙁

s1m0n
    Free Member

Reasons against:
    1. Battery Life
    2. update problems. Might just be my bad luck but after two major software updates my phone stoped working. First time could not answer any or make any calls unless had headphones in. Second time, wifi stopped working.
    My phone was (just) under warranty so Apple are curently replacing as a result of wifi issue.
    Third phone in under a year.
    Saying that, there service is/was great and I really miss my little buddy!! Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow.
    Always looking for alternatives, but for me nohing else comes close yet.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I can only suggest battery life myself. But then it charges off of a USB cable, and it charges pretty quickly all things considering so it's a null point ultimately.

DickBarton

You are not a sheep and don't fall for all the marketing hype?

uplink
    Free Member

Battery life for me – Work gave me one but out on site the battery life was woeful

I gave it back & took one of these instead

fwb2006
    Free Member

It will instantly make you more attractive to the same sex.
    And you might like it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No one has mentioned…cost!

I avoided iphone because of:

1. the cost (the deal orange offered me which includes free home broadband, lots of calls/texts, and free phone internet all for £22 monthly would cost £40+ odd with an iphone)
    2. need to recharge daily
    3. sh1te camera
    4. my ipod touch does a lot of what I would want from an iphone anyway.
    I may revisit all above when orange get the iphone and I get offered an upgrade/my contract ends.

mt
    Free Member

get one as the world needs usless conspumption of stuff.

rOcKeTdOg

I'm not getting involved

*sent from HTC mobile*

rOcKeTdOg

I'm not getting involved

*sent from HTC hero*

rOcKeTdOg

Lol

clubber
    Free Member

I never double post on my iphone

(sent from my iPhone TM)

clubber
    Free Member

I never double post on my iphone

(sent from my iPhone TM)

takisawa2

I'm told they are a bit fragile if dropped ?
    Useless for butterfingers me then.

I've a Nokia 5800, very impressed with that especially if you get an unlimited data package. Mine's £15 a month on V.M
    Browsing the net its actually pretty good given its size etc, & the built in Sat-nav is good.

[Sent from my Arse]

CountZero

It's hardly surprising the battery life suffers when the phone is likely to be used much, much more during the day than a regular phone. My previous N95 was hopeless, walking into town with music playing practically killed the battery: two hours and it was dead. I use a Morphi JuicePack with mine, as I have Tune.it iCarRadio on mine and listen to 6Music in the afternoon. That's the equivalent to making a three and a half hour phone call, which drains the juicepack, leaving the phone fully charged. Mine's always plugged in overnight anyway as I use it as a bedside clock. Call quality is no different to any other phone on the market, and again, vastly superior to the rubbish fuzzy sound of the Nokia. The camera on my 3G is much better than the Nokia as well, in a year I've taken several hundred photos with mine, but no more than thirty in a year with the Nokia, because it just wouldn't focus. Plus there's loads of apps to tweak pics with. Sound quality with something like Denon AH-C252's is excellent, just use a Griffin mic adaptor. It makes an excellent ebook reader, I've got Copilot Live UK & Europe on mine as well. Fragile when dropped? Well duh! It's a complicated computer with a glass screen: try dropping a laptop on a concrete floor and see what happens. Stop thinking of it as a phone or iPod. It's a computer that you stick in your pocket.

wombat

They're huge and only work in places where my current phone does and don't do anything extra that I need.

However, if they worked everywhere and were half the size and made good coffee and felt nice and furry and could inflate my tyres in an emergency and had a pliers attachement I'd be interested 8) 🙂

(Edit) sent by carrier pigeon 🙂

jcromton
    Free Member

Get the HTC Magic or Hero.

molgrips
    Free Member

The major reason would be cost. My 5800 was free and does everything an iPhone does as far as I know. Apart from make you look like a tosser.

and the way the screen turns off when it's near your ear is far superior to so many other touch screen phones where you just press buttons while you're making calls

It does this too 🙂

belgianbob

Or wait for the Sony Ericsson Rachael (Xperia 3). Hmmm, the sexy android (from Blade Runner)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Why should I not get an iphone’ is closed to new replies.