Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Why is the new ending of BKB currently closed?
  • southernstaffy
    Free Member

In additin to the information in the existing thread – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/now-barry-knows-better-1

The new ending to Barry Knows Best (Golden Birdies) is now complete and the trail now needs to consolidate before being ridden. This will ensure that the trail surface has settled and that the life of the trail is extended. We have estimated that it will take a month of consolidation before being ready to ride. We will be monitoring the trail and will open the trail as soon as we can.

Your co-operation is appreciated during the consolidation period is appreciated. This is your trail and if you keep off it for one month it will give you years of quality riding.

Ian Warby, CTC

On a similar note, there will shortly be a communication to people that have been added to the volunteer email list (send an email to mtb@hurtwoodcontrol.co.uk) arranging sessions to get the finish on the trail done. We now have a trail report from Ian Warby that we can use to get the trail up to a standard that it can be considered finished – mixed with the right weather over the next month and we should see the trail openened soon!

If you wish to help with the trails and their future on the Hurtwood estate, there is no greater way than to become a Friend of the Hurtwood with an annual donation. This can be done online now with a very wide range of payment options. Only takes a few minutes at http://www.hurtwoodcontrol.co.uk – hit the Donate Now button at the top of the page.

southernstaffy
    Free Member

new trail now opened!

Hicksy
    Free Member

…and it's great. I rode it this afternoon. Super flowy, as I believe the young people say, with big berms. Thank you to all who put in all the hard work – well done. I was giggling like a ****t at the bottom!

Donation made BTW.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yah also rode it today. And there are even jumps! Amazing job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Why is the new ending of BKB currently closed?’ is closed to new replies.