Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Why is Moyles still on the radio?
  • jumping_flea
    Free Member

Getting a DAB radio in the car was the best move ever.

Moyles just got sooo bad. I have an hour journey in the morning and can't have heard more than 4 songs.

Radio 6 is great. Shaun Keaveny is superb and I have even started to like George lamb – at least he plays some good music when he is not talking.
    The only bad thing is Dave Pearce seems to have found his way on the station??

Creg

Read about when he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks some years back(I think anyway?) and he tried to go head to head with a professional comedian and was embarassed by them to the point where he was lost for words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D82KYWhd2q8&feature=related

These days I find R1 painful to listen to. Most of the DJs are irritating arseholes and the music selection is simply terrible.

R4 for me in the morning while having breakfast and theres no radio in our car so its a pretty quiet drive in.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Case closed

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Leeds United fan ,enough said!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Moyles on R1 is Chav radio, need I say more, and his sidekicks are total plonkers. Looking forward to Chris Evans taking over from Wogan although if the rumours are true about Simon Mayo taking over his drive time slot, then thats a very poor choice. I also wish that dick Steve Wright along with the ar$eholes on with him would be replaced.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm not 13 years old, so i don't care about the music on Radio1, i'm not 3000 years old, so i don't care about the music on Radio2.

i'm at a difficult age, where's my radio station?

Moyles is still on the Radio because lots of people listen to him, probably the same people who watch X-factor, which just isn't worth watching without Jodward.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

That Buzzcocks clip reminds me how good Mark Lamaar was/is. Is he still on the radio?

Aristotle
    Free Member

i'm not 13 years old, so i don't care about the music on Radio1, i'm not 3000 years old, so i don't care about the music on Radio2.

i'm at a difficult age, where's my radio station?

6Music

-although do avoid George Lamb's sub-Moyles show. Now thankfully relegated toSaturday mornings, although I did have the misfortune of hearing it this morning before I switched quickly to R4.

ahwiles
    Free Member

no, i can't stand radio 6.

in theory, it's perfect.

i'm not picky, my music taste covers more or less everything from Nina simone to Nine inch Nails, From Busted to Bach, y'know, that kind of music…

but the playlist seems to be formed with the prime directive: play anything so long as it's wierd, and unknown.

(and you can't listen to it in your car)

Aristotle
    Free Member

Only on Freak Zone, which I don't like

(and you can't listen to it in your car)

Pure Highway

scraprider
    Free Member

planet rock on DAB .

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

He's always down at my local. He didn't even win the last music quiz! 🙂

Flaperon

He's rubbish. Will miss Wogan, but Chris Evans makes a great replacement. Dunno about Simon Mayo, have to see how it goes.

Best show ever was the late night Geoff Show on (what was) Virgin Radio. Great music, a great presenter, and genuinely amusing games. Loved "Drunk vs Stoned". 🙂

CountZero

no, i can't stand radio 6.
    in theory, it's perfect.
    i'm not picky, my music taste covers more or less everything from Nina simone to Nine inch Nails, From Busted to Bach, y'know, that kind of music…
    but the playlist seems to be formed with the prime directive: play anything so long as it's wierd, and unknown.

Then you've never bothered to listen to more than a couple of minutes of it, otherwise you're know that 6Music plays loads of stuff that you would recognise, stuff by people you know but have never heard on the radio, and stuff that is totally new, but you'll be hearing on mainstream radio or TV in five years time, like Arcade Fire, for example. I first heard them four or five years ago on 6, now they're being used on the trailerfor 'Where The Wild Things Are'. The Concretes I first heard around the same time, now the lead singer's new band Taken By Trees is being used for John Lewis adverts. If you were actually interested in discovering new music, you'd delight in the fact that there is loads of new talent being played on 6, but you obviously aren't, you'd rather stick to your comfort zone, what's safe. I, on the other hand, am constantly finding new music that delights and thrills me, and Cerys and Lauren Lavern are two of the best presenters on radio today, because they are musicians, who love finding new interesting music. I have to keep a note pad handy to make notes of all the new music I'm hearing. Something that talentless f*c*wit (copyright Time Out), Moyles wouldn't recognise if it sodomised him with a splintery stick. A friends fourteen year-old son described him as 'childish' to me once.
    He's about as entertaining as a migraine, and I get migraines, so I know exactly how lacking in enjoyment his crappy show is.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mehhhhhhhh, Radio1 was better when they stil had John Peel and Colin Murray, but hey, theres still Zane Lowe, and the overnight shows are worth litening to during the week.

If you hate chris Moyles, ont whatever you do switch on o your way home, Scott Mills realy is bad!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

On 7 September 2009 Moyles became Radio 1's longest serving breakfast presenter, breaking the record previously set by Tony Blackburn

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Moyles has a great gig tho…
    Fri 11th Dec.. "intreviews" 'Pink' for best part of an hour, then plays an hour of her recorded O2 Gig, then gets payed shed loads for doing it, He's a fubkin' W**ker !!! :mrgreen:

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Why is Moyles still on the radio?’ is closed to new replies.