Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why is….
  • jerseychaz

Garmin software so useless? I’ve just connected my Edge 25 to the PC to upload a ride and update the software and for the umpteenth time I get the error message “Sorry, we’re having a problem connecting to our servers” now, so far as I know my broadband, although slow is working – this message appears almost every time I try and upload a ride. And don’t get me started on the abomination that is Garmin Connect!

DezB
    Free Member

I think they’re better at other stuff. I so hate the o/s on my Edge. I JUST WANT TO FOLLOW A ROUTE! I think paper maps are less stressful on a ride 😉

wwaswas

I’ve been using Garmin connect on Android to sync my watch for the last 18 months and it’s been faultless.

I’d actually recommend it as an app for people wanting to understand their activity, trends over time etc.

Maybe they concentrate on mobile platforms now?

BoardinBob

I’ll see your Garmin, and raise you a Tom Tom 😥

Trying to update a Tom Tom satnav using their software is an abysmal experience

ossify

I don’t know as I have a Tomtom, if I’d known this thread was about Garmins I would not have opened it.

Why is…
    …it so hard to put more details in the thread title? Aaargh

See also, “Anyone got…”

angeldust
    Free Member

Garmin software so useless? I’ve just connected my Edge 25 to the PC to upload a ride and update the software and for the umpteenth time I get the error message “Sorry, we’re having a problem connecting to our servers” now, so far as I know my broadband, although slow is working – this message appears almost every time I try and upload a ride. And don’t get me started on the abomination that is Garmin Connect!

Agreed, it is crap.

avdave2

Never has something so unfit for purpose been so dominant in its field*

* stands by for a whole list of competitors for that title.

rocketman
    Free Member

For balance, my Forerunner has been fine since updating the software around the middle of last year. It still has the occasional GPS hiccup but I think that’s to be expected from such a physically small device.

And imo the iOS app is as good as Strava (in a different kind of way) when it comes to recording activities

nedrapier

I got frustrated away from Connect, everything goes on strava now. Even when it’s slightly tricky, like with my Oregon, just “upload from file” and pick the activity from the internal storage in Windows explorer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why is….’ is closed to new replies.