• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kevhl.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why don't we let children vote?
  • petrieboy

I was thinking about the implications of letting 16 year olds vote but ultimately arrived at why not just let every human vote? Parents of very small children would submit on their behalf and according to their best interests.

jekkyl

err coz their minds are immature & not able to comprehend how their actions infleunce things in the world. Are you serious?
    Catholics would have a much greater say in elections.

martinhutch

Parents of very small children would submit on their behalf and according to their best interests.

Of course they would…just like our parents did last June.

Imagine the ‘gerrymandering’ potential of measures to encourage breeding among your core support.

johndoh
    Free Member

Because the over-procreating underclass of benefit scroungers would get a bigger say in our elected parliament and we’d end up with UKIP in charge?

kayak23

jekkyl – Member
    err coz their minds are immature & not able to comprehend how their actions infleunce things in the world

There’s a Brexit joke in there somewhere… 😆

binners

I’d rather have 16 year olds voting than pensioners.

Actually, on present form, I’d rather have toddlers voting than pensioners.

….or gerbils

perchypanther
    Free Member

Landslide electoral victory for the Staying Up Late , Watching Cartoon Network and Getting Ripped to the Tits on Haribo Party?

plyphon
    Free Member

I think it’s a great idea to let children vote, I’ve speculated what a campaign might look like if it really addressed the problems effecting the young people of today

Labour Manifesto:

1 fidget spinner per child
    No meme left behind
    Enforced “like 4 like” on Instagram policy, £2bn budget
    Screenshotting Snapchats is now a criminal offence
    Send nudes
    Tax relief for VAPERS
    Fine Art, Textiles and Florist degrees to be paid for by, well, who cares, someone, just not you.
    Emojii lessons at school replacing maths (maths is boring omg)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Because they’re evil and they’d enslave us all and make us spend the budget on nexo knights and surprise eggs. Mine would anyway.

onewheelgood

Because they don’t have the necessary knowledge, reasoning capability or maturity for their vote to be meaningful.
    Oh, wait…

kerley
    Free Member

They would clearly make a better job of it. They don’t typically have the prejudice, selfishness etc,. of adults.

They would vote on what they see as the fairest policies rather than protecting their own interest (largely because they don’t have any interests yet)
    There would be no baseless anti-immigration crap for example.

Would need a lower limit of maybe 7 years old but I am all for it.

grumpygit
    Free Member

I’d trust my 5 year old over most 16 year olds I’ve met.

Generosity and kindness are on different levels, maybe it’s because so is a young girl. Let the women’s party rule, with actual women, not that robot May.

Unfortunately my 3 year old would either vote ukip or BNP. The little ****bag

richmtb

Because the over-procreating underclass of benefit scroungers would get a bigger say in our elected parliament and we’d end up with UKIP in charge?

Yes much better that we let the over-remunerated upper class spend money to buy political influence so we end up with the Tories in charge

zanelad
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let half of STWers vote, let alone their offspring.

kevhl
    Free Member

Does anyone that does vote actually know the full extent of what they’re voting for… what about a vote per pet as well?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why don't we let children vote?’ is closed to new replies.