Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why does my iPhone crash my computer?
  • mangoridebike

Whenever I plug my iPhone into my desktop computer I immediately get a blue screen. Any ideas why this might be? My computer is windows xp media edition and the version of iTunes is up to date. Bit frustrating as I want to put some tunes on it.

Any help gratefully received

cheers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Before you next do connect to computer try a soft reset. Hold down the off on button at top and home button until screen goes blank. Sometimes takes upto 20 seconds to switch off. It's just the classic switch it off and switch it back on again trick but by holding the home button as well apparently completes a soft reset??

donsimon
    Free Member

Something to do with this, sorry. 😉

mangoridebike

Anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

glenh
    Free Member

Driver problem I'd guess.

Try uninstalling the phone driver via the device manager and re-installing it.

Potdog
    Free Member

Turn off the auto restart option so that you can get the error codes from the blue screen. That way you might have a fighting chance of finding out what the problem is.

Right click on My Computer
    Choose properties
    Advanced
    Click settings in the start up and recovery box
    Make sure that the restart automatically box is NOT checked in the system failure section
    Click OK

Next time it happens, take a note of the STOP codes and stick em in Google. It may give you a pointer.

william
    Free Member

Get a mac.

Haze

😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

My eyes are bleeding.

CountZero

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
    Now I've got to go get the iDisinfectant and the iBleach to try to erase that iMage from my mind. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why does my iPhone crash my computer?’ is closed to new replies.