Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why does my iPad keep exiting safari?
  • finners

Trying to watch some of the Movies for your Monday on Pinkbike and it keeps exiting safari. Ok, the videos may contain too much gnar and safari can’t handle it. But seriously, why?

Cheers

GrahamS

Is Safari crashing? Is it just on pinkbike?

Lack of memory is the most on problem in Safari. Have you got loads of tabs open or loads of apps in the background?

flip
    Free Member

Update yer browser?

Switch off?

I don’t work in IT..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My iPad 3 does the same these days, Chrome or Safari, both crash frequently. Think its running out of memory.

northernmatt

I find safari just doesn’t like some websites. I think the grauniad one is a good example, pretty much every time I go to look at it it crashes.

ampthill

Mine does the same

But it is an ipad 1

But doesn’t inspire me to believe that Apple are ahead on reliability

GrahamS

Think its running out of memory.

It won’t be running out of memory (RAM) if don’t have loads of tabs open or loads of background apps.

If you mean your iPad is short on Storage Memory (Flash) then yes, this will definitely cause problems. Check it by going to Settings->General->About and seeing what it reports as Available.

If you are lacking in Storage Memory (like less than 1Gb left) then it is time delete some unused apps or some photos/video.

CountZero

Installing and running an app like this might help: http://appcrawlr.com/ios/memory-100-pro
    I use one I’ve had for some years called FreeMemory, but I don’t think it’s available any more.

bruneep

Happens a lot to me, Hmm so 347MB is not really enough then

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why does my iPad keep exiting safari?’ is closed to new replies.