• This topic has 30 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • why does an 8 month old thread get closed now?
  • alpin
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/maxi-dressescome-on-now-girls

why did it get the chop after all this time?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think somebody spammed it.

The mods then delete the spam post and close the thread. (You’ll notice the name of the last poster still appears but the post does not…when I looked at it anyway.)

Shame really, I thought it had legs. 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

I liked that thread but I did wonder the same, figured someone had commented which had then been deleted. can we talk about maxi dresses here again then?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

can we talk about maxi dresses here again then?

Fire away. It went the way I hoped when I started it – everyone had a giggle on it. In fact the spammer bringing it back on to the front page got me reading it again. It was fun. 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

twas fun. I still look a nome in one though I do quite like them. I still pole dance like a dead walrus too 🙂

LadyGresley
    Free Member

My 91 year old mother recently gave her old maxi skirt to my 28 year old daughter – fashions just keep coming around again.
    I’ve not done maxi dresses this time round – just don’t seem practical on a bike somehow.

emsz
    Free Member

Maxi dresses look like I’m dressing up in my my mums clothes…

Can we do the disaster that was Animal prints?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We can do anything you want emsz.

emsz
    Free Member

cool, animal prints were shocking. Worked (sort of) on the catwalk, awful by the time fat girls on the high street got them. Saw some disasters in clubs.

leopard print r us LOL

nickf
    Free Member

Saw some disasters in clubs.

That’s just a general statement though, right?

It’s always amazed me that people who are (cringe alert) on-trend are shocked at what people look like in previous years. Puff-ball skirts? Just take any leading-edge 2012 look, roll forward five years and people will be rolling in the aisles with laughter.

FACT OPINION

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m hoping to rock the beach in these this summer. 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

leopard prints never a good look, nickf LOL

Deadly, photo please 8)

emma82
    Free Member

I quite like leopard print, just not on me. And DD you could have found a pic of a bloke who sorted his fuzzy bits out, they’re sticking out from his pants! You can see loads when you zoom right in

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m going on a full-on grow before donning mine. Never mind a budgie, it’ll look like there’s a hedgehog under there. 🙂

maccruiskeen

I used to have a pair of those trunks. In an attempt to impress the ladies I’d stuff a courgette into them. Looking at that pic I now realise I should have stuffed it down the front rather than tuck it in the back.

kaesae
    Free Member

It seems that all old threads are being closed, look in your profiles?

emma82
    Free Member

A hedgehog? Way to flatter yourself!

Maccruiskeen pics plz or it didn’t happen!

But kaesae they don’t reappear with the current threads, this one did

Jamie
    Free Member

1 year threads get culled by default. After 8 months, a thread will still be clinging onto life.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A baby hedgehog. 8)

maccruiskeen

Bunnyhop

Mrs STR was wearing a maxi dress/skirt? and looking damn fine when I met her in 1991 as a hot 20 year old – she had a choker on too!

emma82
    Free Member

Very nice maccruiskeen, you sexy beast 😳

CountZero

Thank you for that pic, dd; once seen, never forgotten.
    I think I will try to get quietly pissed, in the hope that mental image disappears. 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You luvs it Count me babbers. 😛

maccruiskeen

Come and park your bicycle anytime Emma 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re going to have to pump them gunz to be able to carry off those budgie smugglers, DD.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Plenty of ecersise and I’ll look like that guy by summer.

Jamie
    Free Member

*swoon*

emma82
    Free Member

See you in 10 then maccruiskeen 😀 lol

Drac

Old threads attract spammers and the maxi one as too, so any over a year old get closed. Any that attract spammers that we spot maybe closed too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘why does an 8 month old thread get closed now?’ is closed to new replies.