Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • why do you get cheaper goods if you’ve got a big head?
  • brakes
    Free Member

just looking for a new helmet and certain online bike companies sell XL and S size helmets with a bigger discount than M and L size helmets.

am I being discriminated against because I have a normal sized head?

can they do this?

(basically I want a cheap helmet and have got a sulk on because I can’t get one as cheap as Mr Donkey Kong head) 😕

gwaelod
    Free Member

Is it cos below a certain size they are kids sizes and hence vat exempt

andywhit
    Free Member

All lids are VAT free

gwaelod
    Free Member

Then I’m clearly talking bollocks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think they sell less of the melon sized ones and thus there are excess stock

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Supply and demand

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Its the same with Shoes

kevin1911

Mind me asking where you’ve seen XL ones with bigger discounts? I’m blessed/cursed with a gorilla heid, and could use a new helmet. Currently have a Giro Xen, but they seem to have stopped doing them in humungous heid sizes.

As for why they do it…s’pose they sell fewer of the bigger sizes than they thought they would when they bought in the stock. Suits me fine! 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I was looking at full face helmets on CRC

I know why they do it, question is should they be allowed to sell an XL for £90 when the M right next to it costs £120?
    could you also then say that by doing so you’re encouraging people to buy the wrong size helmet?
    come on, I’m trying to form an argument here…

brakes
    Free Member

any ideas?

markd
    Free Member

anyone who buys a helmet the wring size to save money has a head that is not worth protecting.

antigee

think for a man got small feet (but for any ladies i do make up on technique and being very very cudddddddly) so running shop shoes sales are good for me

run an online retail business and our biggest selling line is technical running tops and we sell way more small than all other sizes combined – came as a bit of surprise to me but for every fat guy there are lots of thin small runners i guess

ton

brakes, i have a big met veleno for sale.
    vgc.
    big like a huuuge water melon…..;o)

brakes
    Free Member

it seems that helmets on a certain website are now the same price regardless of size. coincidence?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘why do you get cheaper goods if you’ve got a big head?’ is closed to new replies.