Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Why do women wear make up ?
  • flicker
    Free Member

One of the girls in the office has recently plucked her eyebrows out and had them tattooed back on but higher up. I didn’t know this was a thing you could have done.

I’m now finding it difficult to talk to her without staring in amazement at her forehead, very strange.

JoeG
    Free Member

Cougar

Whether we admit it or not, self esteem is gained from the reactions/feedback of other humans.

My self-esteem jumped immeasurably the day I realised that what other people think of me affects me in no way whatsoever and I stopped worrying about it.

I purposely dress down for a lot of appointments at work specifically to avoid the typical bullshit questions I would get asked if I were wearing a suit. People treat me like a nobody, I act like a nobody and get my work done 3 times as quickly and go home earlier.

Other in the office dress ‘to impress’ – they use their clothing as a shield to hide the fact they are clueless and moan about working til 8pm every night

This.

I wear a polo shirt to work where a number of my peers have taken to wearing shirt and tie. I have my job because I’m good at it, not because I look like I’m good at it. If and when I get recognition it’s on skill and merit, not because I’m pretty and toadying. (Which is just as well really)

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Why do women wear make up ?’ is closed to new replies.