• This topic has 95 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • why do they sling dog do bags?
  • ChrisS
    Free Member

I wonder what sort of response we'd get if this thread was cross-posted to some dog owners forums? Lots of ranting about inconsiderate cyclists who tear around the woods, damaging the paths, digging holes and scaring dogs and their owners out for a quiet walk with their reckless riding…..

antigee

Finally; dogs should be banned from public parks, a lot of people don't like dogs, like them even less when the owner things it OK for them to run free and interfer with people trying to enjoy the space with their kids (and then usually scarper)

there is always another point of view – article in guardian couple of years back took view that parents of kids in parks shouldn't complain about dogs being off the lead…after all the dog walkers use the park all year round…whatever the weather… and all parents are doing is teaching children to be afraid of dogs

mind you thats all dog poo mentality

coffeeking
    Free Member

ChrisS – it's irrelevant, two wrongs don't make a right. If you have dogs you should clean up after them. Lobbing them into the undergrowth/trees in bags is NOT acceptable to anyone, including the vast majority of dog owners, because the bags do not decompose nicely, they hang around for YEARS, literally. Carry your dog eggs home with you if you can't be arsed finding a stick, you lazy inconsiderate!

ChrisS
    Free Member

Carry your dog eggs home with you if you can't be arsed finding a stick, you lazy inconsiderate!

Ah, resorting to personal abuse now…..

So a the crux of your argument is that flicking with a stick is okay but biodegradable bags aren't?

Have you ever tried flicking dog poo around with a stick? I'd hardly describe it as a good way to clean up…. it mostly seems to result in spreading the poo around in the undergrowth adjacent to the path, hardly ideal!

Out of interest what does everyone do when they get caught short on ride in the woods? Do you coil one of into a bag and take it home with you?

DezB
    Free Member

Finally; dogs should be banned from public parks

That's hilarious! On the very few occasions I take my dog to the public park the only other people there are… people walking their dogs..

Er, hang on. Is that cos everyone else is put off by all the dog poo and scarey beasts running around?
    Hmmm

DrJ

I wonder whether, ecologically speaking, it's better decomposing slowly in biodegradable bags, well off the beaten track, in woods, or dumped in non-biodegradable bags in dustbins and thence on to fester in a council tip? I honestly don't know the answer.

Nor me, but I don't bike in council tips, or send my kids to play there, so the point is moot as far as I'm concerned.

DrJ

Out of interest what does everyone do when they get caught short on ride in the woods? Do you coil one of into a bag and take it home with you?

No, but I can count my al fresco poos on the fingers of one hand, whereas dogs shit outside every day.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Nor me, but I don't bike in council tips, or send my kids to play there

Really? You should…. a fun day out for all the family! and cheap too. LOL

ChrisS
    Free Member

I can count my al fresco poos on the fingers of one hand

Eeeeww… that sounds soooo wrong!

So, it's not a matter of principle then, just scale?

ChrisS
    Free Member

I can count my al fresco poos on the fingers of one hand

Now there's a quote for the spine of the next issue if ever I saw one!

DrJ

So, it's not a matter of principle then, just scale?

What are you talking about? Do you imagine that when I take an outdoor dump I do so on a path (and don't "flick"), or that I do it in a bag?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah, resorting to personal abuse now…..

Not at all, it was purely an observation. If you were insulted by it it may be because it hits a nerve.

So a the crux of your argument is that flicking with a stick is okay but biodegradable bags aren't?

Yes, because biodegradable bags are not biodegradable in a sensible length of time and make the place look a mess and stink because the poo doesnt get to degrade and wash away.

Have you ever tried flicking dog poo around with a stick? I'd hardly describe it as a good way to clean up…. it mostly seems to result in spreading the poo around in the undergrowth adjacent to the path, hardly ideal!

Yes, other peoples dog poos. I never seem to have a problem.

I've never been caught short on a ride, I'm an adult and capable of holding my bodily actions until I get home without much trouble (excepting food-poisoning-induced squits). If I were in a position where I was somehow unable to control myself I'd dash far off the trail, not squit it on the path.

ChrisS
    Free Member

<sigh> I'can't be bothered with this any more, feel free feel a glow of smug self satisfaction because you've won the argument… I'm off, see ya.

sharki
    Free Member

It's been getting worse round here this year, near one of the carparks there is a small collection of bags hanging on the fence.

I first thought it was as previously mentioned for collection on returning to the car park, but it is such a noticable thing.
    I guess some people just think well why should i take it home when nobody else does..

The Rangers believe it's a statement to get dog poo bins installed at the trail head, which in the lower CP they have yet still people CBA, nappies and wet wipes are also a relatively common sight on the trails during the summer months.

The truth of the matter to why this happens is summed up easily.

"some people are idiots"

Toddboy
    Free Member

The funny thing about this topic, is that there is a load of cr@p spoken on here.

I am a dog owner, when my dog cr@ps, I clean it up, and dispose of it. Not a problem to me.

The talk of kicking dogs and punching owners. I would take offence to anybody that tried to kick my bull mastiff (that's if my dog didn't take offence first 😈 ) , and my other sport is Muay Thai boxing. It would be short contest 😀

If there is a problem with all these bags, then complain to the council or the rangers. Soon enough they'll get the message.

Just don't keep complaining about it on here FFS. Make your point and move on ❗

DrJ

The talk of kicking dogs and punching owners. I would take offence to anybody that tried to kick my bull mastiff (that's if my dog didn't take offence first )

'xactly. All dog owners pretend to be responsible (like all drivers claim to be "above average"), but at the end of the day, dogs are dangerous and uncontrollable and should be banned.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘why do they sling dog do bags?’ is closed to new replies.