Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Why do these Racing Ralphs look dodgy?
  • Alejandro
    Free Member

Ordered some 2.1 Racing Ralph Evo compounds (the top one for racing etc) from On-One and got an email they are out of stock, so they offered to send me some 2.25s instead. I said yes, and they arrive but the graphics are really different any other one’s I’ve seen. Pics:

The writing on the side says ‘Triple Nano Compound Evolution Carcass’ so in theory they are the right compound, but these obviously look very different to what I for one am used to. They usually look like this, with the writing bigger and in a silver colour with a border, not the block white lettering mine have:

Also the part where it says ‘Evo Compound’ looks different.

Are these just some newer graphics or is this some cheaper compound?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

given
    1) theyre cheap
    2) theyre from on one
    3) they look different

I would guess that they are OE.

Have a look at a pic of a Cube hardtail, they came with RRs and look like the first one (cube spec a pimpy white edge block trim but otherwise the same)

brakes
    Free Member

I bought the same ones, they smell really rubbery

snakebite
    Free Member

Brakes, are you Chinese?

brakes
    Free Member

if I was I would have said weewee wubbewee

K

They are quite obviously fake tyres! Maybe.

loddrik
    Free Member

Crc have em pretty cheap at the minute.

iain1775
    Free Member

they are just OE equipment, as was reasonably obvious from the website blog about getting a large overstock from manufacturer
    Same with my Nobby Nics I ordered
    At end of day they are exactly the same tyre, nothing ‘dodgy’ as such just you paid half the price you would to get some slightly different sidewall graphics and a bit more packaging material

bigjim

They’ll just be OEM, were they in a daft packet or wrapped in an elastic band? I bought some of the ones from Merlin and they came without packaging and wrapped in elastic band, which is fine by me. I think everyone is getting rid of Schwalbes at the moment.

I bought a Syncros stem from Stif last year, the one that came had a different name on the sticker than what I ordered, googled it and it seemed to come up on some cheap european sites. Then I noticed another set of stickers underneath – they’d obviously restickered them and flogged em as a different product. Seeing as Stif are the Syncros importers I assumed it was a genuine Syncros stem – they didn’t answer my email query about it though.

Seggons
    Free Member

mine were like this, I got a fat albert and big betty though. Makes no difference to me, they’re still bloody great 🙂

Alejandro
    Free Member

Yeah they were wrapped in nothing more than an elastic band. Thanks for the replies. Now to see how the wider tyres will handle compared to the 2.1s.

brakes
    Free Member

why would everyone be getting rid of Schwalbes?

Olly
    Free Member

a lot of on ones stuff is OE.

we got some SIDs 🙂

4ndyB
    Free Member

They are 100% OE Cube Schwalbe tyres

I see them daily as I’m working at a Cube dealer 😉

AFAIK they are the same tyres as non OE Schwalbe tyres, just branded up for Cube

daveplanetx
    Free Member

Schwalbe are buildng a new warehouse in thailand and we cleared their inventory of the old warehouse . These are 100% legit tyres bought from the official UK distributor .

Some of the tyres listed are OE – ie dont have a box and might be a non standard aftermarket colour , a lot of them are aftermarket and come in a nice blue box .

I think we will modify our descriptions to say “aftermarket packed come in a nice blue box” to make it 100% clear .

Hope this helps

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know tyres are one of the areas where oe can be different to aftermarket. Different compounds and or carcasses. Does anyone know if this is the case with schwalbe?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think it’s very much up to the retailer to be clear about OEM status of a product if there is any technical variation between the OEM product and the aftermarket product other than cosmetic or branding/packaging. e.g. steel/aluminium alloy fork steerers really must be declared IMO. No decent retailer (and I put PX and O-O in here) sets out to deceive. So complete transparency about the spec of a product on a webpage would always be the best way of minimising the old OE/Aftermarket arguments.

partypants
    Free Member

Out of all those Schwalbe tyres available on the on-one website which should I go for?

I want to run them tubeless, and they’ll go on a FS trail bike (5″). I’m not one for swapping tyres for every weather type, I just want some all round good tyres at a decent price.

I’m thinking Fat Alberts – am I correct?

partypants
    Free Member

A bump. I’d hate to make a wrong choice.

brakes
    Free Member

I used my on-one nobby nic and racing ralph round an icy, muddy and hard Cannock Chase yesterday and they were very very good
    double thumbs up

Northwind

Onzadog – Member

“I know tyres are one of the areas where oe can be different to aftermarket. Different compounds and or carcasses. Does anyone know if this is the case with schwalbe? “

As far as I can tell, no, I got an On One Nic and is seems identical to the stupidly expensive retail-spec one I remember. Same weight too.

Partypants, Nobby Nic is a decent allrounder but does struggle in bad mud and isn’t massively tough. Fast and grippy though, and light, which makes it a good default option in my book.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

GOD almighty, what has the world come to, thinking a tyre is a fake.

These sort of threads goes to show how pathetic some of you lot on here really are.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I know that OE motorcycle tyres differ from after market (confirmed somewhere in the past) or at least used to – you never get the same mileage from the identical aftermarket tyre.

Alejandro
    Free Member

“GOD almighty, what has the world come to, thinking a tyre is a fake.

These sort of threads goes to show how pathetic some of you lot on here really are.”

What is your problem? I paid for Evo carcass tyres from On One, supposedly non-OE, and yet they send me OE ones. There’s nothing wrong with this, though I want to make sure that despite the varying graphics they are indeed made out of the compound advertised, or, to put it in simpler terms, that I got the product I paid for.

I never once used the word ‘fake’ or any of its synonyms, or indeed suggested that they are fake as you seem to think. I am simply wanting to make sure I got the product I ordered. This is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. End of.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Why do these Racing Ralphs look dodgy?’ is closed to new replies.