Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why do my hands burn?
  • motivforz
    Free Member

Fingers got cold whilst out this morning on the bike and starting to get numb. Got in and my hands started to get a tingly burning sensation, this always happens when I come into the warm from the cold. Normally I run my hands under the cold tap (feels warm) to gently warm them.

Any ideas why this happens? Perhaps blood rushing back to the extremities after being cut off due to the cold?

HendyTreker
    Free Member

I have the same, problem,think it could be Raynauds Disease, but yet to have it confirmed. same thing happens to a guy I cycle with and he’s been told thats what it is.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s entirely normal. When you’ve been that cold the change to warm triggers a burning sensation – I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone (that I’ve had reason to discuss cold hands with) that hasn’t had the same thing?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Get them in the vice and whip em off with the hack saw. I get it in my big toe but I can’t get it up on to the vice without falling over.

ebygomm
    Free Member
    Dilker
    Free Member

Raynauds generally presents with blanched fingers…

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&q=raynaud’s+syndrome&revid=99028864&sa=X&ei=VojxTLmMIOOAhAft3JSkCg&ved=0CCMQ1QIoAA&biw=1440&bih=785

It’s pretty normal for your hands to react like that if your going from one extreme to the other. I have just been putting boxes in a van on the drive and the same happened to me.

teagirl
    Free Member

Yep, hot aches.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why do my hands burn?’ is closed to new replies.