• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Why do kids pick Sat night to go to A &E ??
  • revs1972
    Free Member

3 year old decided to use his head to break a fall at Longleat this lunchtime . Took him to the first aid station who patched him up and put an ice pack on his new swelling.
    Seemed ok after that but indicated his head was ouch whenever he saw it ( he has autism with speech delay so difficult to get a proper diagnosis from him).
    Went to sleep around 8pm as normal , so I led next to him to keep an eye on him. Drifted off to be awoken by the sound of vomitting right next to my ear ( luckily staying in a travelodge so dirty sheets will be someone else’s problem)
    Spoke to 111 who said to take him up to Bath A&E. We’ve seen the triage nurse and just waiting to see another before we can go. Writing this In an attempt to keep myself awake ( he’s in his element playing with all the toys in the pediatric waiting room.)

TimothyD
    Free Member

I never picked the best times for injuries either.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hope he is ok. Definitely he right thing to do, head injusry + vomiting = A&E.Biit surprised they didn’t keep him in for a scan.

jeffl

Yep they are special. Our youngest, nearly 6 now, managed to fall off a sofa and break his leg at the age of 2. He’s fairly hard/stupid and didn’t make too much of a fuss at the time. It was only after he was still clearly in discomfort an hour or two later that we decided to take him to A&E.

Still impressed that he managed to break his leg falling a whole foot and a half when he’s come off fine doing far worse before and after. 😀

Drac

They like to watch the drunks.

Hope He’s Ok you did right.

kimbers

Our anniversary I’d booked a long weekend in Prague

First trip away without the kids (2 & 4) took a lot of persuading to get my wife to agree

We drop them at my parents, but b4 we leave the youngest is playing superheroes on the stairs and decides to jump from halfway down,. Off to A & E several stitches and examinations later we just manage to make the flight.

In the end we had great time and so did the kids, but my wife sobbed all the way to the airport 😯

revs1972
    Free Member

Managed to get away at 4.30am. He was bright and bouncy the entire time we were there. They do have a great selection of toys. Got back to the travelodge in Warminster at 5.15 and promptly fell asleep. Woken up at 7.30 to his shouts of “morning”.
    It’s going to be a long day, but peace of mind is more important than sleep !!
    Bruises are gravitating down and he’s got a nice shiner now.

chomp
    Free Member

kids with shiners – here’s my youngest from a last month (we were at A&E at 5am on a Sat morning with the drunks who were all very impressed that he had a better eye than they did!)

I’d never seen a proper black eye up close (led a sheltered life) – it had properly swollen shut the morning after he did it.

Thankfully he was at school and just a bang of heads (all recorded in accident book) so no worries about the social services! It was fun to see others looking at me when we were out like I was a violent parent – couldn’t help saying that he’d get another one if he didn’t do as he was told. It almost backfired though as he then started saying ‘don’t punch me again daddy!’ the little darling !!

(fair play to him tho – he’s going to be a proper little wind up merchant as he gets older, no idea where he gets it from)

revs1972
    Free Member

That’s a cracker. Already had a few looks from old people and comments. He has a few scrages to go with it so it doesn’t look like he’s taken a back hander.
    The adults waiting room was pretty empty most of the time (well it was when I was looking) so no entertainment on that front. She did ask if he had a social worker or had been in care (he hasn’t) , so we expect a call / visit from SS at some point.

1-shed
    Free Member

Probably a visit from the health visitor as they will be informed. Healing vibes 1 shed.

MoreCashThanDash

Saw a young lad with his mum yesterday with a fantastic shiner. I asked what he’d done, fell over at school.

He rolled up his trouser leg to show me a very grazed knee. So his mum said “Show him your hands” He did. Not a mark on them. “Didn’t use them did you?” his mum said. You could hear the 🙄 in her voice!

revs1972
    Free Member

B*llocks.
    Had a lovely letter from the people at Parking Eye reminding me I forgot to pay for parking whilst at the hospital.
    Oops. Vaguely remember parking up in a spot just outside with a 20 minute waiting, but you know, it was late , I was tired , thought we would be in and out…..blah blah blah. £40 if paid quickly (£80 otherwise ).
    First parking fine / ticket in 24 years so that’s not bad going. ( several times in the past where I should have got one but managed to escape)
    Chalk it up as a lesson learnt

akira

First day of a week long beach holiday number two son slices his chin open, no swimming for whole holiday. Limited our options somewhat. He seems to end up in hospital at least once when we go on holiday, might leave him at home next time 😉

revs1972
    Free Member

Ouch. Yes that would limit your aquatic activities somewhat. Can you not get one of those cones they put on animals 😆 😆

akira

It happened shortly after I used the phrase ‘Stop running about or you’ll fall over and hurt yourself’…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Not enforceable revs

I got popped at 3am as I parked in a doctors bay near the door (mrs was in labour)

Ignored the letter, never heard anything again

revs1972
    Free Member

How long ago was that dirty rider ?
    I know there are a few threads on the subject, but it’s none to clear about where you stand.
    At the end of the day, I should have bought a ticket but I didn’t .
    Vehicle is in my ltd company name , so rather than attract an unwanted CCJ , I’ll pay it and put it down to experience.

Cougar

You really don’t want to ignore (the amusingly appropriately named for this thread) Parking Eye. They’re shitehawks and they will pursue it.

Drac
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Why do kids pick Sat night to go to A &E ??’ is closed to new replies.