Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Why do I get a cold just before races?
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

why?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Poor quality and/or overtraining.

BadlyWiredDog

Maybe your immune system is tapering… seriously, like people who invariably get sick as soon as they go on holiday. And relax… bang!

binners

Have you remembered to get out of the bath?

aidso
    Free Member

Adrenaline dump?

nbt

you have kids. Your immune system is useless

chives
    Free Member

I’ve had a cold constantly since giving up smoking 2 1/2 years ago. I’m not suggesting I was healthier as a smoker, but I certainly didn’t suffer from colds.

As NBT said, also have kids, so perpetually doomed now to suffer all the germs my little carrier monkeys bring home from their mates!

We’ll all be fine come the summer (ok, ok, I’ll get me coat!)

binners

Does this mean I’ll be faster than you on Saturday? Or do you want to put chives theory to the test, and ride round with me having regular fag stops? You don’t have to inhale. It’ll make you healthier, passively

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stress and too much training (body stress that is)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I was the same last year. I was coming from being club rider fit to race fit for the first time and I was pushing my body far too hard without allowing it to rest.

This year has been different. I’m following high intensity with rest days where I ride easy and have a rest week every 4th week where I halve my training hours. So far it has worked as I’ve been cold free so far.

thorlz
    Free Member

I’ve had a cold constantly since giving up smoking 2 1/2 years ago. I’m not suggesting I was healthier as a smoker, but I certainly didn’t suffer from colds.

As NBT said, also have kids, so perpetually doomed now to suffer all the germs my little carrier monkeys bring home from their mates!

Change the 2 1/2 yeasr to 1 1/2 and this is me.

Not been on my bike much properly since Christmas due to shifts/planned events. I have just rode to work and back when I had the chance and a couple of quick local rides to turn the legs over Have been looking forward to a good ride out on this coming Monday for about 3 weeks, planned routes, arrange early start and everything etc

…and guess what, I’ve just got yet another chest infection, since packing up smoking I seem to be collecting them as if it’s a hobby. 🙁

martinhurton
    Free Member

I go with overtraining/stress/thinking about the race.

MoreCashThanDash

Not enough bodyfat?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Maybe because its bloody cold in this country – your not moving and im guessing your wearing next to nothing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Why do I get a cold just before races?’ is closed to new replies.