• This topic has 211 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • Why do English people do that?
  • Northwind

teamhurtmore – Member

Don’t click on the link. The second para on Herriot Watt starts with a shocker!!!

GAAAAAGRGHGHH! It bloomin well doesn’t! We are north of the border, that’s just geography.

Ernie, I know you be trollin.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Even more annoying for us north of the M62 Border. At least the Scots and the Welsh have a voice! Stop moaning MTFU and get on with it. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

ST is quite a ‘local’ bike magazine though isn’t it

You saying it a bit Royston Vasey ?

kcal

THM – James Herriot was the vet, Heriot Watt is the university..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good spot kcal! 😳

Northwind

You’re missing a hyphen there kcal 😉 Pedant fail!

mogrim

Is Mexico part of the USA?

There are loads of Americans that complain about coverage bias in the media, incidentally. But mostly because of liberals/jews/communists/lizard people which is probably not the central issue here.

When you say “Americans” I presume you’re including Mexicans, Canadians, Argentines and the rest, right?

And yes, the Mexicans I know get pissed off in a similar way to the Scottish when the Spanish refer to “norteamericanos” and are actually talking about the US…

kcal

Good point Northwind!
    TBH I’d never realised it /had/ a hypen.

Sorry!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Its not that we don’t think you should be annoyed about it -its just that we really don’t care

Its the fear/fact that this attitude lies behind the journalism/comments that is the problem. If you’d felt mal treated as a nation (eg Poll Tax) you’d understand.

grum
    Free Member

You saying it a bit Royston Vasey ?

Yes.

MPs worry about the west lothian question because they just assume it’s right for scottish matters to be discussed in scotland but english matters to be discussed in the UK parliament. And so on.

Eh?

If you’d felt mal treated as a nation (eg Poll Tax) you’d understand.

So is Scotland a ‘nation’ or not? Surely if it’s a nation it’s fine to refer to it as being across the border from England, by a magazine based in England. It does seem some people want to have their cake and eat it.

Andy Murray is British when he loses but Scottish when he wins. 😉

ChrisL

grum – Member

Andy Murray is British when he loses but Scottish when he wins.

Funny, most people up here (lights blue touch paper, stands well back) seem to feel it’s the other way round…

grum
    Free Member

The Andy Murray thing was a bit of a joke/troll about how he might be portrayed in Scottish media but has elements of truth I suspect.

Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Why do English people do that?’ is closed to new replies.