Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Why do all students have a different high pitch accent??
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

Tis quite irritating how they all speak in a posh high pitched tone, I just feel the need to get it off my chest as it really gets on my tits!

monksie
    Free Member

“Get it off my chest as it really gets in my tits!”
    😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I usually just completely switch off when these idiots start talking. I think the blank expression gives it away tho, cos they always end up raising their voices, especially at the end of sentences.

theboatman
    Free Member

It helps to differentiate themselves from the thick?

llama

The end of their sentences?

Raising their voice?

Try living with two in their late teens

Whatever

paddy0091
    Free Member

gap yah?

matt_outandabout

duuuurh

trevron73
    Free Member

Can you speak fluently another language Pussywillow? If you think you can, what does a native speaker think of your accent , my wife is from over the seas far away ,but when she sings “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson i piss myself just saying like

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

patriotpro
    Free Member

Why are students so acheingly annoying? It’s like the first time they’ve been away from home?!

Answers on a postcard.

andeh

Not me, I have a sexy, baritone crotch-rattler…..maybe.

Also, I never once walked home with a road cone on my head or dressed in “new-rave” gear. It like I never even dun went to university?

sambob
    Free Member

I don’t have a stupid accent, I’m a rural northern lad. Privately schooled though admittedly, not that it makes a difference round here.

Rorschach
    Free Member

d45yth
    Free Member

Why don’t you record yourself saying a few sentences and share it online so we can judge your voice/accent?

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m a student which brush am I getting tarred with now? Maybe they had a better upbringing than you, jealousy is an ugly emotion 😉

pussymup 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP, does the chip on your shoulder give you back problems?

davidjones15
    Free Member

“Get it off my chest as it really gets in my tits!”

Hmmm boobies.

Cougar

The end of their sentences?

Raising their voice?

We have Buffy to thank for that.

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh joy, another sweary northerners troll account 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Raising the voice at the end of a sentence. How dare you knock my place of birth!?!?

CaptJon
    Free Member

OP Profile is quite revealing:

About Me: I am a rider from Bradford, I love my riding as hard and technical as pos, can’t do with all the gimmick shite and middle class fstuck up folk

trailmonkey

the op may have a point.

i’ve just graduated and have an accent that could curdle milk.

pinhead
    Free Member

d45yth – Member

Why don’t you record yourself saying a few sentences and share it online so we can judge your voice/accent?
    ex student?

pussywillow
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Oh joy, another sweary northerners troll account
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Eh???

cynic-al – Member
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

I think tis u who has a chip on your shoulder lad!
    I am merely asking if anyone else has noticed that all students seem to have a higher pitched tone!
    I think there’s a lot of study’s in this industry and on this site by the sounds of it! 😀

finbar
    Free Member

EEEEEEEEEEuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt dddddddduuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkk?

*shudders*

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Grocers’ apostrophe’s make’s you’s look’s stupid’s.

Just saying.

peterfile
    Free Member

Cougar hit the nail on the head, chippy northerner with an inferiority complex…or just plain angry and miserable 🙂

One of the things I loved about being a student was how my accent changed as soon as I’d walked through the front doors and far far away from all the commoners with their annoying accents in the lower registers. Such a relief. I was quite sad when it changed back to normal on graduation day. 🙁

igm

Being a student has never been the same since they let the lower orders in.

It’s all lower class northern oicks these days.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

“Sweeping Generalisation” rant

1/10

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Anyone with an upward inflection in their voice so everything sounds like a question does my nut in, student or otherwise.

jon1973
    Free Member

On the contrary, I think the OP is pretty well balanced. He seems to have a chip on each shoulder.

binners

Just from the voices you hear around the student areas in Manchester, its safe to assume that there isn’t a single 18-24 year old left in the home counties.

Keeps the muggers and burglers away from the rest of us I suppose

davidjones15
    Free Member

Anyone with an upward inflection in their voice so everything sounds like a question does my nut in, student or otherwise.

This also translates into writing where people finish sentences with question marks. I think this means that most people are stupid and feel the need to always question what they are saying?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The problem is, many people speak in this way. And some of them are students.
    What the OP has cocked up though is an awful lot of studnets don’t speak this way, so they go unnoticed, so he assumes that all students speak this way.

The OP clearly has a thing that “students” are a lower class of person. He is clearly forgetting that a lot of them will be studying subjects such as medicine, law, science and engineering and will go on become professionals in their field and will make advances in society and technology, which the OP will benefit from (deny it if you can…)

Yes, some students are time-wasters, slackers and a scourge of society. So are some non-students.

Changed my mind. Make it a 0/10 rating.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

To be honest I don’t really understand what the OP is referencing. Different high pitched accents? What is a different high pitched accent and why is it exclusive to students?

igm

people finish sentences with question marks

These used to be known as Australians.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’ve got a posh deep voice. It’s probably far more manly than the OP’s.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I don’t have a stupid accent, I’m a rural northern lad

that’s what you think. ❓

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m a student. I don’t have a whiny voice.

Your post fails the test. Fail.

pussywillow
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Why do all students have a different high pitch accent??’ is closed to new replies.