Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Why did you buy your last bike?
  • thejesmonddingo

Because I hadn't ridden for about 5 years,and I had a stroke and was told to exercise,so I treated myself to a new Remedy,to encourage myself.It's working so far 🙂
    Ian

badblood
    Free Member

because my Giant VT got nicked, the insurance offered me £2.5k if I used their supplier who said tey could do a 575 for that, then my LBS did me a 575 build for £2K…god knows how they managed it but I took their arm off!

carlos
    Free Member

Because I fancied having a bash at road riding.

beej

Because it was the best looking road bike I'd ever seen (Orbea Orca), and I used it as an incentive to sell my second car (though bought the bike before the car was sold).

tazzymtb

beacause i got offered a brand new 2009 mount vision 5.8 frame with a 2010 fox rp23 shock for £600.00 and I fancied a white bike to go with my collection!

dustytrails

Because some scroat nicked my 2 mtbs – Bas###d. So I tried a DW Spot & fell in love. Now I've seen the new Soda – Bikes nicked were 5spot & a Merlin !!!????

genesis
    Free Member

Because I needed a bike for training.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Cos it was my birthday and I wanted to see what all this FS lark is about. (Nicolai Helius CC)

slimtubing
    Free Member

Cos it was my birthday and it was a very original condition Marin Pine Mountain for about 60 quid from a cash converters. now my commuter/ race bike. I bloody love old steel Marins me!

rs
    Free Member

Because I wanted a change, had read lots of glowing reviews on this here forum and figured going back to a hardtail would be fun, it would also be quite rare in canada and as I was swapping my full suss 06 Enduro for a hardtail I figured I would sell the hardtail commuter I had too. Back to just one bike! Very pleased with my alpine in every respect except maybe the commuting part, but it still does the job 😀 And with an office move it will actually get a thorough workout on my commute next year 😀

Not enough pics in this thread.

charliedontsurf

Why do you wanna ride that bike around
    cos I want to
    cos I want to

actually my newest bike is a clerical error; an accidental order. A salsa dos niner 29er soft tail. I am now quite excited about building it as a alfine hub'd xc bike. I have barely shifted for 9 years so it will be a change. Also a short travel 29er should feel like a rollercoaster of momentum and giggles

tomatoe
    Free Member

cos a mate persuaded me to try road biking and wiggle had 20% off the cayo 105. Its ace..

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Why did you buy your last bike?’ is closed to new replies.