Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Why buy a Moto G over a Moto E?
  • RustySpanner

Yep, a numpty phone question.

The cheaper E seems to have a faster processor, but slightly smaller screen.

Both have a Micro SD slot, latest version of Android and 4G capability, so apart from the screen, what do you get for your extra £50?

seosamh77
    Free Member

moto E doesn’t play well with chromecast.

piemonster

Pretty sure the camera was different, there was a thread not so long ago.

CraigW
    Free Member

Depends on exactly which Moto G and Moto E you are comparing, there have been several versions of both.

The Moto G has a much higher resolution screen, as well as it being a bit bigger.
    For Moto G, the camera is a bit better (but not great). And the camera has a flash, which is handy if you need a torch.
    Plus it has a compass, very useful for some apps.

johnners
    Free Member

What CraigW said as far as the specs go. For me it would come down to the price difference and whether the better G spec was worth it. I’d have liked a compass but picked a new E up for £45 a while ago, G was at least £50 more at the time. My E plays perfectly well with a Chromecast BTW.

butcher

I have a Moto E, and for daily use, it’s absolutely fine. Does everything you want it to do. However one issue I have with it, is storage space. That’s partly because I have sat nav on it and over 500mb of downloaded maps (which I’ve moved to my SD card, but they’re clearly still on my phone 😕 ). And because all your cached data and all the rest of it gets stored to your phone, mine keeps filling up and pissing me off.

Apart from that though, it’s perfectly adequate. Never experienced any problems with performance. The camera is a waste of space, but I’m not really fussed about that personally.

nicko74

Beware with the Moto G – I’ve had significant battery issues with mine, and as I type this it’s sat on a charger giving minimal signs of life, having died suddenly last night. They may have fixed it for the second version (ie the latest model), but check around to get an idea of what’s what.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why buy a Moto G over a Moto E?’ is closed to new replies.