Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Why aren't you out riding then?
  • binners

I’m not happy. Just had a deadline moved forward 3 days. Arse! So I’m sat designing page layouts instead of riding Calderdale with the enigma, as was the original plan.

Its not bloody fair! I’ve just put new mud tyres on in anticipation. It’s stopped raining and everything.

share your tales of woe, and cheer me up 🙁

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Woke up feeling rubbish- head cold with the achey legs syndrome and weve run out of mtfu in the cupboard- sorry tazzy!

radoggair
    Free Member

working at 3PM :(.

i usually commute the 74 or so miles but weather is grim here so might bypass it today

thecrackfox
    Free Member

At work and got a broken collar bone anyway 😥

Might have the excitement of turbo training on Monday 😕

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On a training course. On a ff!!kin Saturday. Looking out of the window and it looks like a cracking day.

jonny-m
    Free Member

doing a 12 hour shift for the sixth day running. role straight in 7 days of 12 hour nights on sunday.

now thats shite init

lipseal
    Free Member

Just going see you laters..

valleydaddy
    Free Member

home duties – DIY but successfully avoiding it so far 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m at work…

it’s ok. i’ve got pastries and radio4, so life is good.

Lifer
    Free Member

Fixing the fan in my car. No garage. In the pissing rain.

Cup of tea now though and some BMX later 😀

psychle
    Free Member

working…

shinsplints

Waiting for peeps to come view my house (they are late) and then off out up the Wyre. Nice.

Dancake
    Free Member

Playing with son and shoe-horning Fox Van R coil shock into a Meta

May get to test-drive said shock with said son and his balance bike 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Working but it’s not all bad. I’m at the 21 mile mark for the Seaford offroad marathon and some of the runners are beginning to hang a bit. Only A LOT OF HILLs to go chaps :O)

postierich
    Free Member

Pringled my rear wheel on Thursday night going to hopefully straighten it this arvo so I can ride Langdegla tomorrow on the SS.

yunki
    Free Member

Cake business… I’ll say no more than that about it here…

captaindanger

I live in London. It takes an hour to get to the trails.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Scraping old paint off railings prior to Hammeriting them.

Day behind on the schedule due to pishing rain all day yesterday.

Bike or hills tomorrow though and all next week off.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Radoggair – weather is lovely through here now – get the bike out man!

binners

I’m consoling myself with the weather being better tomorrow so hopefully I’ll get out then. If i can get this lot done 🙁

ssboggy

In the garage putting a new bike together, Sherwood Pines tomorrow, off work monday riding Hope/Ladybower 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Just got back in.

drain

Partly ‘cos I’m wasting my time trying to get a fewkin’ straight answer from O2 on a simple SIM swap on a new business ‘phone (looong story – and they reckon retail competition is a good thing?!).

Partly ‘cos I need to tweak a proposal in time for Monday.

But then need to fettle, having been away for a couple of weeks and neglected bikes before I went away. Tsk.

Still, hopeful of getting out later – and being coerced by Mr Merman into my first ‘cross race tomorrow 😯

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Intended to go out on the road bike this morning but it pissing it down so instead MTFingU I went for a run. Will ride tomorrow though – forecast is ace 8)

jools182
    Free Member

because its pissing down and I need to try and fix my merc (again!)

depth-junkie
    Free Member

In work 2day &2morro, normaly go 2 llandegla every Sunday after work.
    Not bothering 2morro, as monday im off 2 CYB to do the beast.
    Then tue we r off 2 cannock chase then wed night we will b doing the
    Usual wed night ride round the llandegla black. So i think i deserve 2 put my
    feet up after work 2morro

skiboy
    Free Member

i did 20 miles on the woburn singletrack yesterday, today i’m working on the house 😥

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Trying to do a decent job of developing a presentation for a job interview this week. My perfect job (public health practitioner) in the perfect location (Plymouth), so needs to be spot on. On here for a 5-minute breather.

May nip out on my road bike later, just so long as it doesn’t chuck down with hail again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ripping out the kitchen. Walls, floor tiles everything. Big hammers involved. Satisfying.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Been helping my folks today and saving my ride for tomorrow when it looks like it will be sunny (fingers crossed). But then I am riding in the week as well and never feel guilty for not riding 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Couldn’t be arsed to drive anywhere (no good local stuff). Going to go for a road ride soon and then maybe convert the mtb to SS for something to do.

meehaja
    Free Member

I went out and rode round Hebden last week, enjoyed it so much (even the hail) that I was going to try and ride every day this weekend. Only I’ve got D&V. As an additional bit of fun, I’m having surgery on tuesday which will stop me riding for at least 2 months, maybe more.

crikey
    Free Member

Been.
    Three cold wet hours on road.
    Currently waiting for penis to re-emerge.

crewlie

Writing policies and procedures for upcoming CQC registration. I’d rather be at work.

awkwardkid
    Free Member

Peroni is to blame! 🙁

crazy-legs

There was a plan for a road ride this morning but at 7.30 I got a text from the guy who was supposed to be leading it saying he wasn’t going. I listend to the sound of the rain on the window for a bit (OK, for about 3 seconds), rolled over and went back to sleep.

It’s still raining now but on the plus side my house is looking tidier and I’ve cleaned one of the bikes.

Shred
    Free Member

Been getting sick over the last few days. I was hoping it would just be small, but it went straight to my chest, can hardly walk upstairs now. Its the first of the winter series races tomorrow 🙁

cookeaa

waiting for a mate (who’s just texted to say he’s stuck on the M25) so we can go look at wedding suits and then a chuffing dinner party later to keep “Her indoors” happy, been working away for over a month now, managed ot build up a new bike somehow, but not been for a ride in 3 weeks! 🙁

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Does Turbo training count? and my wrist is fractured.

Plus the house is a tip and relatives visiting next week so Mr Sheen and hoovering :mrgreen:

donsimon
    Free Member

Just got back. Now I need something else to occupy my time so I don’t have to do the housework!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why aren't you out riding then?’ is closed to new replies.