Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Why aren't horse riders obliged to fit nappies to their horses? (crap rant!)
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m fed up of riding through horse crap. I also find it quite nauseating to be behind a horse that is dropping steamers as it walks nonchalantly along. Nappies are available so why don’t “the powers that be” make them mandatory – especially when the horses are on public roads.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, crap rant.

TheBrick
    Free Member

because it’s not a big problem and it would be disproportionate.

toys19
    Free Member

Horse shit is relativly benign, in fact I don’t object to it at all, smells ok and is based on vegetable matter. What about dog poo, much worse. It’s dogs we should be moaning about. It could have been a child’s face.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s horse poo, it’s chewed up grass. WGA….

derek_starship
    Free Member

It could be a baby robin next time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That’s not a baby robin…

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I dont normally mind it when I’m mtb on out in the countryside but the bike paths in hyde park are full of it. I mean there meant to be cycle paths. I cant see why in hyde park the riding schools can put some sort of nappy/basket out of the back of the horse.

Also one damp morning there was a very small patch of it by the lights on the northern entrance to hyde park and I managed to skid on it and fall off(on my little fold up bike).

derek_starship
    Free Member

scu98rkr – serves you right for riding a little fold up bike 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Won’t someone please think of the children!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m fed up of riding through horse crap.

Have you tried cycling round it ? That’s what I do, I find it works a treat.

chiefgrooveguru

Because it’s merely partially digested grass. They were the horses’ roads first anyway!

joao3v16
    Free Member

Horsey-ists don’t pay road tax either!

And why aren’t horse riders leagally obliged to wear a helmet?!

Plus horsists should all be registered and insured!

And take some form of test!

And stop riding on the pavement!

And why do they all RLJ?!

There, that’s all the usual cycling forum aspersions cast.
    Feels good to get that lot off my chest.

8)

Harry_the_Spider

“That should be fitted with a bell” etc

Incidently I was out on a ride with Mr Starship yesterday who has got a bell on his bike. No matter how many times he “dinged” at walkers they never noticed our presence. None of them crapped on the path though.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I have since replaced my bell with this:

greenboy
    Free Member

Is that robin is a baby what’s it doing wearing jewellery at such a young age?

Harry_the_Spider

That would

a) Make them notice us.

b) Cause them to crap on the path.

GW
    Free Member

I always thought horse riders were obliged to clean up their shit! it’s not as if they haven’t done it loads in their kennels and a shovel could look quite cool hanging off their saddles.

Hmm… “trundles off to the TV studios with my great business idea” 😉

Kunstler

Shovel it in your rhubarb?

Pigface
    Free Member

No you haven’t Starship that was just an excuse to show some deathtech.

SD-253
    Free Member

Wow you really are fussy. I wouldn’t even ride round it its nothing more than grass you could even describe it as straw. Everyone puts it on there garden (as is) while no one would put on human or dog shite on there garden. I wouldn’t even be bothered if I didn’t have gloves handy when I picked it up. You can even sell the stuff. You are very very sad person derek_starship. I suppose in your imagination world of space travel there would be no horse’s dogs etc? But the real world is different sado

philconsequence
    Free Member

Everyone puts it on there garden (as is) while no one would put on human or dog shite on there garden

dont ever make assumptions about me again, i’d never ever EVER put horse manure on my garden! i’m reporting you to the mods for taking the forum too seriously and offending my gravel shelvesgarden
    👿

kids these days!

SD-253
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Won’t someone please think of the children!

That isn’t horse manure and it is the responsiblity of the parent not the horse owner. Hell you would surely stop a child from playing dog crap??

derek_starship
    Free Member

brandeberryj – so if you were building a makeshift bed from straw, you’d be happy with this?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Everyone puts it on there garden

Well its a bit hard to shovel it up after some fat bloke on a bike has made a point of riding through it.

I guessing that not many people around d. starship’s manor get a chance to use it in their gardens.

Some people really are selfish 😐

PiknMix
    Free Member

I must admit this issues really annoys me but not when i am riding, i live on a bridleway and horses just poo everywhere, i have had them do it on my car my drive and during the summer there is never not a load of horse manure spread along the road.

I have been threatened to be killed, mowed down and have never had a polite word from any of the riding wonkeroos.

I hate horsey people (sweeping generalisation) all horsey people!

philconsequence
    Free Member

for you pik n mix 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i live on a bridleway

I hate horsey people

Ever thought that you might have made the wrong choice concerning where to live ?

Or did you have no choice and was forced to live on a bridleway ?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mod’s – you might as well close this thread as ernie_lynch is now using it as a vehicle for his personal insults.

Harry_the_Spider

…and another thread descends into arguing and name calling.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I think if the MTB world went head to head with the horsey world they’d have us banned from bridleways and anything else we shouldn’t be on before we have them wearing nappies on their horses.

Green Laner’s just banned from the hillsides a few years ago when the bobble hat massif managed to get TRO’s placed on most green lanes meaning MX and 4 x 4’s were banned from enjoying the land like most of us do, albeit they leave a bigger footprint.

The equine world (like the ramblers) have wealthy friends in high places and I’m happy to keep my eyes open and have enough reaction time to be able to ride around a 12″ pile of brown grass.

What’s next… we ask farmers not to let their cows shat in their own fields???

chiefgrooveguru

If those with bipolar disorder think they have it bad, they should consider what it’s like for me, riding mountain bikes, riding horses, going hillwalking/rambling, enjoying driving cars and even very occasionally being seen on a road bike. I hate myself.

D0NK

There’s nowt wrong with horse manure, instead of riding it you could bag it up and make some money flogging it to gardeners 🙂
    Seriously tho I don’t have a problem with it.
    Cat and dog shit tho…..now that would be worth ranting about.

ski
    Free Member

Of all the types of dung you come across, I think horse dodo is well down the offinsive list compared to:

Human
    dog
    cat
    badger
    fox
    robin 😉 etc.

Gardeners seem to love the stuff bag it and sell it to fund tubes?

[edit] me,too slow, like minds DONK 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Grow up d. starship, if you have a problem with any of my posts click on the report button and the mods will deal with it.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Ernie my good tool

I didn’t have an issue with horsey people before I lived here 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I didn’t have an issue with horsey people before I lived here

I see, you hadn’t realised that horses actually crap as they walk until you lived on a bridleway ?

………or you hadn’t realised the connection between bridleways and horses ? 😕

Either way, I still reckon that the solution is not to live on a bridleway. I don’t, and I can’t remember the last time a horse shit on my car or driveway.

PiknMix
    Free Member

haha no you mup,

simply put BEFORE I lived here i didn’t have a problem with horses, their riders or their poo poo so why on earth would I worry about moving to a bridleway?

your funny, I like you

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

simply put BEFORE I lived here i didn’t have a problem with horses

Yeah I got that.

But apparently you haven’t worked out the solution to your problem. Despite the fact that you are fully aware you didn’t have a problem until you moved onto a bridleway.

Is there any particular reason why you can’t not live on a bridleway like the overwhelming majority of people in the UK ?

Maybe life on a bridleway is best suited to people who like things associated with bridleways ? 💡

Daffy

Ernie, are suggesting that the poo on the driveway will go away once he moves from next to the bridleway, or simply that you won’t have to listen to it because the next house owner won’t be on STW?

The problem would still exist, wouldn’t it? Throwing an SEP field around something doesn’t actually solve the issue.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Why aren't horse riders obliged to fit nappies to their horses? (crap rant!)’ is closed to new replies.