Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Why are you calling this number? This is a staff only number…
  • matt_outandabout

Last night Scotrail made a rather large c*ck up, ended up with 17 of us stranded in Glasgow.

While stood waiting for a non-existent bus at near midnight, having been told by station staff they knew nothing, I decided to call Scotrail ‘customer service’.

I called the Glasgow number listed, to be told off for using the number. I was then told there was no-way it was on the internet, and that number isn’t publicly available…and that I was in the wrong.

hmmmmm

wwaswas

Top marks for using ‘Outwith’ though.

Drac

Quick everyone ring it.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No sympathy….. its xmas… treat yourselves.

Get a cab

Next

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Expected this to be about using an alternative number quoted at justsaynoto0870 😆

matt_outandabout

Ro5ey – were you the Scotrail chap I spoke to last night? Your tone is similar… 😆

Drac

Ro5ey is off her head on Cheesy Poofs.

gobuchul
    Free Member

What did they actually c*ck up?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Drac … I’m a geezer mate … lol

Matt … hope the Mrs believed your “story” why you were super late home…. … but as above, we are geezers on here and can see straight through it…. 🙂

Edit… Drac I think you may well be correct … going to lay off the puffs…. Id never normally call myself a geezer … a fella, maybe, but not a geezer … 🙂

ElShalimo

Ro5ey – Member

we run a broad church here, you can be whatever you want to be

Drac

A propa Geezer by the name of Rosey.

piha
    Free Member

Ro5ey – Member

POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Rosey – How long have you been confused with your gender identity and would you like to talk about it, er… young man?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Rosie, he’s like a machine. He’s got this gift of blankness. Once you set him in motion, he will not stop… “

Or maybe because may surname is …. Rose 🙂

ElShalimo

@matt_outandabout – how did you all get home or are you still stranded?

#PrayForTheGlasgow17

zippykona

I’m going to release 17 balloons for them.

ElShalimo

Gary_M
    Free Member

I didn’t know Danny Dyer used this forum, but there you go 🙂

Should we remove the yellow ribbons from the tree?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

“Rosie, he’s like a machine. He’s got this gift of blankness. Once you set him in motion, he will not stop… “

“This is an insurance policy. It’s for your own growth bro…”

matt_outandabout

What did they actually c*ck up?

One replacement bus for a half full train, that left 9 mins before it should have with 17 of us stood there.
    No Scotrail staff at bus stop, no sign, wrong directions to bus stop etc.
    When asked ‘what do we do?’ we had three different answers from three different staff on station, who said ‘we know nothing, speak to customer services’.
    We finally got a bus 50 mins after it should have been there, but not before 10 had given up an paid for taxis (Glasgow to Alloa!) or headed off to seek a hotel room…

edit – that means only 7 doves needed…

Matt … hope the Mrs believed your “story” why you were super late home…. … but as above, we are geezers on here and can see straight through it….

It’s OK, myself and four colleagues stuck together. The story is watertight… 😉

myopic
    Free Member

Maybe the Guys on the number listed diverted the line so that the calls went to the top secret number no-one should know about or call, just to annoy the special people at the end of that line?

squirrelking
    Free Member

I called the Glasgow number listed, to be told off for using the number. I was then told there was no-way it was on the internet, and that number isn’t publicly available…and that I was in the wrong.

What’s probably happened is that wherever the number is supposed to go has been rerouted to the wrong desk. Probably switches after a certain time, IIRC Glasgow deals with their stuff during the day and then everything gets rerouted to Fort William later on.

Having heard about the typical calibre of calls I’m not surprised the operator would be getting ratty by that time of night.

Better phoning today when the actual person responsible is in. Phone before two, don’t know why I would know that 😉

jekkyl

that is a ridiculous way to conduct a business, leaving customer’s stranded after they’ve paid for tickets for the journey. I’d be fuming. Perhaps you should take it to the local press with a suitably downfaced picture of the stranded kiddiewinks at a deserted bus-stop?

bigG
    Free Member

I think I was in that queue of people, I was smashed though since I’d been on a very long liquid lunch. I ended up getting a taxi home. If I’d known you were there Matt I’d have offered to share it with you, soz.

matt_outandabout

@bigG – I think most were smashed in the queue…

@squirrelking – not sure how a call at 2pm today would have got me home last night. 😉

It was one of those where it felt like the poor staff on the ground or on phone hadn’t been told enough, or empowered to actually help people… And as you say, the level of crap people were levelling at them, I think the station staff had just had enough. That said, not one of them confirmed they would pass on specific ideas (Like a sign that says ‘Scotrail bus stop here’ or a member of staff wandering up to the stop every so often to help worried folk who thought they were not getting home…

oldtennisshoes

Trains NE out of Glasgow went to pot after the 20:41 last night. I ended up on the 23:00 megabus to Perth, rather than the train I was hoping for.

squirrelking
    Free Member

not sure how a call at 2pm today would have got me home last night.

It doesn’t, but you can talk to the person who actually arranges rail replacement services or at least have your comments passed on.

matt_outandabout

😀

Biggest thing they could do is:
    – have a sign saying it was the place to wait.
    – every time a (bus) departs, have a member of staff up at bus stop trying to be helpful…. And the knowledge the bus drivers had, but that station staff did not…

project
    Free Member

all train companies are to get you to your destination or provide hotel accomodation if delayed, a free refund of part of the ticket cost and free refreshments its all in the customer charter of all toc,s.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Why are you calling this number? This is a staff only number…’ is closed to new replies.