Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • why are the stand in djs so rubbish on radio 2?
  • zippykona

They could use Richard Allison, Johnnie Walker or Huey. They are all on the books and streets ahead of the replacements.
    At least the knob sitting in for Wrighty isn’t Tarrant.

wombat

I agree that some of the stand-in DJs are rubbish, Richard Madeley is utterly utterly awful, like a cocky 6th former let loose on hospital radio…..but he’s still miles better than Steve “posse” Wright and Jeremy “Daily Mail” Vine (IMO)

BoardinBob

Ricky Ross sat in for Dermot last week and he was excellent.

Anyone sitting in for Alan Carr is a massive improvement.

GW
    Free Member

Wrighty is rubbish, if his replacement wasn’t even more rubbish he’d be out of a job

bikebouy
    Free Member

Agreed, but then the “sitting in” dj’s have no other careers, therefore the need to earn mulah is greater than the talent.

It’s all scripted anyways, blame the producers.

jimster
    Free Member

At least the knob sitting in for Wrighty isn’t Tarrant.

Don’t think I’d notice the replacement of Wrighty with a knob as he is a prize tool anyhow. I can listen to Radio 2 all day but as soon as that pill*ck and his bunch of sychophants comes on, I start looking for the auto-tune button.

Even local BBC radio is better than that ****t

cynic-al
    Free Member

The stand-ins are shite? – so are the full timers.

BoardinBob

Stewart Maconie (sic) is excellent whenever he stands in for someone

jimster
    Free Member

Stewart Maconie (sic) is excellent whenever he stands in for someone

I listen to him sometimes on 6 music with Mark Radcliffe – after ten minutes I find myself “erring” after every other word.

rewski
    Free Member

Richard Madeley = Alan Partridge

zippykona

6 To the rescue

headfirst
    Free Member

Richard Madeley = Alan Partridge

😆 😆 😆

Never thought of that before but you’re spot on!

They need to do a swap with 6music for a week and see how listening figures go. Hopefully the the great british public would appreciate the better class of radio and they could make it a permanent thing! Or alternatively they could just broadcast 6music on FM!!!!

10pmix
    Free Member

No one can be worse than the two clowns that stood in for Chris Evans after Madeley recently. BBC got lots of complaints. That “comedian/enne” Miranda Hart and some other bloke. It was excruciating.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a344503/bbc-responds-to-miranda-hart-complaints.html

Lisa Tarbuck is always good. Loved her with Mark Radcliffe.

jimster
    Free Member

Remember when Jo Brand was standing in for Rossie, god she was awful.

Best stand-in they had was the other xmas, Craig Charles was on in the afternoons.

antigee

can’t remember who it was but someone off tv standing in and was interviewing Marianne Faithfull a few weeks back and she mentions the MC5 as an influence and the presenter on what is becoming increasingly very lite light entertainment had to say he hadn’t heard of them, now i know its the entertainment business and all about plugging but there are plenty of people with an interest in music who should have been doing the interview not some non descript out of work tv “personality” who couldn’t place one of the most influential bands of the 2nd half of the 20th century

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘why are the stand in djs so rubbish on radio 2?’ is closed to new replies.