Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Why are English people so unpatriotic?
  • SamB
    Free Member

This children's informational video will help explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTtPOw9ywaI

Jamie
    Free Member

Cletus:

I blame it on the boogie!

I THOUGHT I MADE MYSELF CLEAR ON PAGE 1!!!!

Jamie:

Just don't blame it on the boogie.

willard

Cletus – Member
    I blame it on the boogie!

Well, you can hardly blame it on the good times or moonlight can you?

From a distance, could a duck-billed platypus look like a duck? Or will it always look more like what would be produced if a duck had drunk two too many B52s in a Yates and woken up naked next to a rabbit and a beaver?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I like footie but only at Football League club level.

International football is about as interesting as a rained-off cricket match. IMHO of course

RustySpanner

It's like the difference between a stoat and a weasel:

A stoat is weaselly identifiable, but a weasel is stoatally different……

Hope this helps.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I blame it on… wait a minute, what is it that we're blaming on stuff?

SST
    Free Member

No one has blamed the BMW drivers yet?

wwaswas

and there's no indication that they will in the future either.

Jamie
    Free Member

SST – Member

I assume its because that is just a given.

DaRC_L

Nononono Rusty Spanner that's all wrong…
    What's the difference between a Ferret and a Weasel

RustySpanner

Well, go on then, I'm completely in suspenders now……..

yunki
    Free Member

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have been aware that there was a football tournament taking place..

I had noticed the proponderance of patriotic flags on some of my neighbours cars.. but they were all being flown from the cars of my most ignorant, thuggish and racist neighbours… so I just assumed it was a political thing…

DaRC_L

And since then the Anglo Saxons, Danish and Normans have colonised England. So it ain't diddly sqaut to do with us, chap!

Ahh the Scots never like to be told that the Scotii were an Irish tribe, the Anglo-Saxons colonised the Lowlands and the Vikings the colonised most of the rest.
    Without Edward Longshanks there'd be no Scotland we'd all be one happy British family (apart from the Welsh of course).

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm pretty sure we can blame this on the welsh.

we are talking about the gulf oil cock-up aren't we?

Drac

but they were all being flown from the cars of my most ignorant, thuggish and racist neighbours… so I just assumed it was a political thing…

Now Yunki remember the correct term is "neighbours who think the UK is diverse. "

RustySpanner

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have been aware that there was a football tournament taking place..

It's been mentioned in the media a couple of times.
    Even in the papers without skin.

Oh, by the way, Diana's dead and phones are so small, you can carry them round with you now. 🙂

scaredypants

Diana's dead

Yeh, and who's to blame for that, hey ?

kimbers

Oh, by the way, Diana's dead

yes and killed by a drunken frenchmen

we should invade

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's been mentioned in the media a couple of times.
    Even in the papers without skin.

Oh, by the way, Diana's dead and phones are so small, you can carry them round with you now
    You misunderstand – it's cool to be able to prove you have no interest in football.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

and there's no indication that they will in the future either.

Subtle! Like it! 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Diana's dead?!

Ti29er
    Free Member

It means that the trails will be fairly quiet, even more so the roads.
    Should be some good training to be had.

Mr Woppit – Member
    English people are not unpatriotic, we just don't generally feel the need to shout about it all the time.

+1

USA 1: England 0.
    Oh, sorry – did I ruin it for anyone?

yunki
    Free Member

You misunderstand – it's cool to be able to prove you have no interest in football.

that's a very uncool and outdated statement.. oh no.. it's cool again now…

nope… uncool again..
    cool again
    uncool..

help me.. I just need to be hip

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yunki –

😀

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I like riding bikes – it's not exactly a team sport and all that wearing a uniform and kissing each other just cos you got your ball through the two posts more times than the other person did… do me a favour.

As for patriotism, where does it stop/start? am I a midland-er, a Southern-er, a Northern-er a Brit, English, a European, fool for taking the trolls bait (well that's a given)?

….The list is endless now be off with you and ask someone who can only function as part of a group on another forum on another website. I'm off up the mountains on my own on my bike where I don't need hundreds gurning thugs to argue over if I'm any good at it despite the fact that a statistical list proves quite conclusively what my achievements have been and are available for comparison with other groups.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Oh, by the way, Diana's dead

yes and killed by a drunken frenchmen

Prince Philip is French? Does al-Fayed know this? I think we should be told…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

USA 1: England 0.
    Oh, sorry – did I ruin it for anyone?

Nope – a random guess by a random bloke on a forum won't spoil the actual real game for me come Saturday night as I sit in the pub with my mates with a pint in hand.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I blame it on BP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it's not exactly a team sport and all that wearing a uniform

Isn't there a rather big team based cycling competition taking place soon? As for silly uniforms, cycling is certainly up there with some of the silliest.

duffmiver
    Free Member

we live in a sh1te country, with a sh1te government, sh1tey weather, and it's full of little sh1tes that run around shooting people because the police are sh1te!

RustySpanner

Parctical Matt:
    I though riding bikes was a team sport? At least on the road.

As for kissing:

This thread is getting confusing – I've forgot who I'm blaming for what and nobody will tell me what the difference is between a Ferret and a Goose…………….

bullheart
    Free Member

"being patriotic can give you cancer.. says so in the Daily Mail"

Presumably that makes me the most patriotic bastard here!

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Well yes, you may have a point on the team ethos, but playing football on your own is a lot less satisfactory compared to riding a bike and ask anyone who won the TDF and they'll say the cyclists name not the team ditto motorsport.

I can just get up and go for a ride, if I want a game of football it has to involve at east one other person.

As for uniform, I meant compulsory wearing of a team colours to identify yourself not sport specific clothing, I'd hardly call my ski jacket a uniform.

Ugh, the lure of the troll… I'm being drawn in.

Tiger6791

I blame the "Tour of Wiggle" adverts

they are following me around the internet……

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

your Prime Minister wants to hang an England flag outside No 10 for the duration of the world cup and he's getting slated for it. You have a team at the tournament, presumably you'd like them to do well, why not show your support?

Because he's the prime minister of great britain – not just england

oldgit
    Free Member

Ferret long body, Goose long neck, Owl good Badger bad.

RustySpanner

Matt, you forgot about the kissing:

And surely, even though you ride alone, I bet you still identify yourself as a member of a certain subgroup:
    Fixie/singlespeed/beard/shaved legs/always in lycra, always in baggies etc…..

As for patriotism, I think you're allowed to decide for yourself how patriotic you want to be.

I restrain myself to tutting/smiling at the amusing habits of
    foreigners (the death penalty, lederhosen etc) and misplaced pride for a golden age that never was.

I won't be waving any flags, but hope England win the World Cup, because I am an Englishman.

DaRC_L

don't worry Rusty just keep wearing the suspenders and your pitching will be fine.

oldgit
    Free Member

Is it true about Korea not showing live games in case they lose 😕

theotherjonv

Oldgit: Swan long neck, Goose long neck, Owl short neck but swivels.

An owl, earlier.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Why are English people so unpatriotic?’ is closed to new replies.