Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • why am i suddenly getting chafage!!??
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ok, i never used to get any discomfort at all when riding – but in the last 6 months ive started getting some real chafage, just where you dont want it!

ive tried loads of shorts and several saddles and nothing is sorting it. i seem to get a crease in the short material which then rubs the hell out of me.

ive also tried udderly smooth and sudocrem with no joy!

anyone got any other suggestions?

thanks!

DezB
    Free Member

Are you giving it a chance to heal?
    If it has got infected, you may need to use Lamisil (sp?) on it to get rid of the infection.
    Stings like an absolute bastard, but heals really quick…

Smee
    Free Member

Maybe ease off the pies?

alpin
    Free Member

stop shaving your arse?

glenh
    Free Member

Stop sitting down so much (lay off the pies)

Keva
    Free Member

DezB, that Lamisil is to clear up a fungal infection, the old ‘jock itch’.

Crushrider what are you getting, is it sore/raw skin from saddle abrasion or is it tiny little boils, which look like spots developing ?

Kev

thomthumb
    Free Member

dehydration?

If your sweat is too salty, ie not enought water, it can cause chaffage

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

hmmm, not overweight and leaving plenty of time to heal in between rides. it could be dehydration i suppose although that never occured to me.

ive recently started riding with the saddle higher than i used to – maybe its too high?

enfht
    Free Member

or is it tiny little boils, which look like spots developing ?

I may know someone who knows someone who this happens to…do they have the plague?

Please let me them know ASAP!!! 😯

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

for me its just the usual red skin – no bolis or breaks in the skin,

DezB
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    DezB, that Lamisil is to clear up a fungal infection, the old ‘jock itch’.

Yep, got that from chafage when I tried out a SLR saddle. Lamisil worked, but my oh my what a sting.

Smee
    Free Member

Lamisi if for FBS (fungal ball syndrome) not chaffage. If you are brave, look up jock itch in google images and see if it looks the same.

barca
    Free Member

I had this a few months ago. It just started on longer rides and then became more and more frequent on shorter rides. I ended up just being permanently sore.
    I fixed it though. Riding in shorts that have no padding. I’m now sore bottom free.

crikey
    Free Member

Two times when chaffage is a given; when it’s wet, because of the grit that gets thrown up, and when it’s very hot, because you sweat and the sweat dries leaving salt crystals.

Loads of the cream of your choice, slathered on, seems to work for me, although changing your saddle height a lot, quickly, would seem to be a possible causative factor in this case….erm, Dr. Watson.

enfht
    Free Member

So what do tiny little boils, which look like spots developing mean….

Should they be in quarantine? 😳

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

possibly! but i’d give that lamasil stuff a pop first!

enfht
    Free Member

Lamasil is meant for treating fungal infections though, not spotty boils?

Could I they have Bubonic plague?

yossarian
    Free Member

‘So what do tiny little boils, which look like spots developing mean….’

in plain english it means you are developing an anal cyst. Untreated it will grow really big. I know a guy who needed 18 stitches when his was eventually removed, they drained over a litre of fluid from it.

enfht
    Free Member

No, they’re not developing around my their “tea towel holder” more the crease at the very top of the leg where the ass cheek begins (so they tell me….)

yossarian
    Free Member

that’s where its showing on the surface, I’d get down to the doctors and show them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Have you lost weight recently? Coz you store quite a lot of flab over this area and when you loose weight the “padding” goes and your pin bones will be closer to the saddle. The shape of your buttocks will change and thus your saddles may not be comfy – sometimes a thin saddle, although looking uncomforatble may suit more – thats what I have found over the years – also are you riding for longer than compared to 6 months ago?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘why am i suddenly getting chafage!!??’ is closed to new replies.