Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Why am I Gary Strang – Friday musings…?
  • Kryton57

At 44, with 20+ years service and experience in my field and a reputable sales position I still can’t seem to take things seriously, and in my head anyway when I’m communicating amongst peers of my age and younger I feel childlike in my approach and behaviour.

It perplexes me.

Northwind

The mistake imo is feeling bad about it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

People who take themselves seriously are invariably arseholes.

yunki
    Free Member

Everyone, and I mean everyone is just winging it..
    You’ve got to watch the **** who pretend that they know what they’re doing..
    They are deeply insecure and would probably sell their own granny for a bit more self congratulation

Rubber_Buccaneer

Too right, other men your age are running global corporations or countries but you spend all your time looking at STW on your phone, worrying about your weight and playing bikes 🙂

Kryton57

but you spend all your time looking at STW on your phone, worrying about your weight and playing bikes

I’d dispute that, I didn’t look at STW more than twice for very short periods yesterday…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

other men your age are running global corporations or countries

Yup they’re the arseholes

Gunz
    Free Member

I know exactly what you mean. For a while those same feelings made me feel a little inadequate but as I get older something makes me feel that I’m like this because I don’t seem to be as ground down as my co-workers. I think cycling genuinely helps with an irreverent outlook on things.
    Having said the above, whenever I find myself walking down an empty corridor at work I also do loud ‘danger farts’, so I might just be an idiot after all.

senorj

I had to google Gary Strang. But I know what you mean…
    I call my self a flibbertigibbert……amongst other things.

toby1

Surgeons and doctors should take things seriously, those of us in the private sector shouldn’t ever take ourselves too seriously.

I prefer to think of life as a bit of a game.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I prefer to think of life as a bit of a game

I think of life as a roller coaster, just gotta ride it…..as a great philosopher once wrote

neilthewheel

There was a very good orogramme about this on BBC R4 the other week, about the “imposter syndrome”. Even surgeons get it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think Des’ree summed it succinctly and I like to ponder her musings in hard times and how it reflects on my existence.
    “Life, oh life, oh life, oh life
    Doo, doo doo doo
    Life, oh life, oh life, oh life
    Doo, doo doo
    Life, doo, doo doo
    Doo, doo doo”

That’s some deep shit right there.

Kryton57

Bloody hell, I just read the Wiki of Imposter Syndrome and without meaning to be arrogant, with the exception of the “use of charm” statement it probably explains 99% of my threads on here.

Although I’m not a high achiever by any means. Or am I? Er…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Why am I Gary Strang – Friday musings…?’ is closed to new replies.